Tuesday 15 May 2012

Neil Gaiman: By The Book

Neil Gaiman (2012)
Art by Jillian Tamaki
THE NEW YORK TIMES:
What’s the best comic book you've ever read? Graphic novel?

NEIL GAIMAN:
Ow. That's hard. I think I love Eddie Campbell's ALEC: The Years Have Pants best of everything, but it's a hard call. Alan Moore and Eddie Campbell’s From Hell is pretty wonderful, after all. Watchmen had a bigger influence on me than anything else, reading and rereading it a comic at a time as it was published, as did the High Society and Church & State sequences of Dave Sim's Cerebus. And Will Eisner's The Spirit is funny and sad, educational and entertaining (read the books, ignore the movie). I'm about to start building giant lists of comics and graphic novels here, so I will stop. (Quick! Read anything by Lynda Barry!). There. I stopped.

(from The New York Times, 3 May 2012)

No comments: