Tuesday 27 November 2012

Gail Simone: 'High Society Digital' Review

GAIL SIMONE:
(from Ape In A Cape blog, 25 November 2012)
...The issues Dave is making available digitally, to my mind, constitute a masterwork of comics. They are so good, there are only a handful of North American comics that can compete with them. When I was a kid, for a long time, I could only afford one comic a month, and that comic was Cerebus. The story being reprinted, High Society, is possibly my favorite single comics story ever... if someone were to ask me what comics to study to learn meaningful sequential storytelling, Cerebus would likely be in the top two or three choices I would recommend.

Gail Simone is a writer of comic books, including Birds of Prey, Secret Six, Welcome to Tranquility, The All-New Atom, Deadpool, Wonder Woman, Batgirl and The Fury of Firestorm.

No comments: