Sunday 4 November 2012

Gerhard's Photos: Double Exposure

GERHARD:
I seem to recall this photo being used as a Cerebus back cover. My memory was never the best and it sure isn't getting any better. I do remember that my new camera at that time had a double exposure feature that I wanted to try out and this was the result. This was taken in Dave's studio at "The Off-White House" and that is the original art for the cover of Church & State I hanging above the ghost image of Dave. You can just make out the reflection of his drawing board in the lower left corner of the glass.

Gerhard provided background art to Dave Sim’s cast of Cerebus characters between issue #65 (August 1984) and #300 (March 2004) - contributing to over 4,700 pages of comic art, as well as numerous Cerebus covers and illustrations. Keep up to date on all of Gerhard’s current projects at his blog and website, including details of his new book, The Wish.

No comments: