Wednesday 14 November 2012

Gerhard's Photos: Hawaii 1988 (4)

GERHARD:
I had stuck two rows of self-adhesive hooks to the mirrored wall in the living room where we hung the pages. I remember having a hell of a time getting those hooks off again. Sorry about the shirtlessness but it is Hawaii after all.

I had taken two shots of me leaning against the tree and they were both over-exposed so I took the slides out of their little cardboard frames, flipped one of them over and sandwiched them both together into one frame with this result.

This shot just always makes me smile. We need more smiles.

Gerhard provided background art to Dave Sim's cast of Cerebus characters between issue #65 (August 1984) and #300 (March 2004) - contributing to over 4,700 pages of comic art, as well as numerous Cerebus covers and illustrations. Keep up to date on all of Gerhard's current projects at his blog and website, including details of his new book, The Wish.

No comments: