Tuesday 29 October 2013

Predicting Miley Cyrus' Wrecking Ball

Glamourpuss #19 (2011)
Art by Dave Sim
DAVE SIM:
(by fax, 26 October 2013)
I've got one for you: DID DAVE SIM PREDICT MILEY CYRUS' "WRECKING BALL" BACK IN 2011?

Ballin' Chain Grrl was one of the League Of Extraordinary Hosebags in glamourpuss No.19. I happened to be looking at the issue because I recently ran across Russ Heath's That Russ Heath Girl original from that issue mixed in with my own artwork. I thought it had been auctioned and the money sent to Russ YEARS ago. So, first I had to find the issue it was in, sign five copies and forward to Heritage Auctions. This might make a good teaser for that auction.

Regardless, I think there is no question that Miley Cyrus has more than earned Extraordinary Hosebag stature since her appearance on that awards show in August.

4 comments:

Birdsong said...

Dangit, I can't go anywhere on the internet without that skank showing up. ;)

Aaron Poehler said...

And Dave wonders why some people think he's a misogynist: here we have a ridiculous strawman based on stereotypes of predatory golddiggers, exaggerated to the point of insanity. Unless Dave really thinks this is an accurate representation of female behavior, it's difficult to defend as satire, and unless there are any notable instances of thrice-divorced 17-year old nudism activists running around out there it reflects nothing but Dave's bizarrely out-of-touch views.

Tony Dunlop said...

Ugh. Serves me right for clicking "play." I'm going to have to watch the last 25 minutes of 2001 to burn that image out of my brain now.

Birdsong said...

Of course it is satire, Aaron. You can't tell me based on modern female pop stars that it isn't simply an exaggeration of their behavior. Isn't that what satire is?