Tuesday 15 April 2014

Tribute Art Round-Up No.8

Fred Hembeck (1999)

Alex Robinson (2014)

Alex Toth (1982)


This is my take on Dave Sim's Cerebus the Aardvark. The main character of the outstanding epic comic saga. Spanning over almost three decades and 6000 pages it’s the longest comic ever published. Cerebus was sculpted freehand and retopologized in ZBrush and then brought into modo for more retopo, modeling, posing and rendering. Comp done in Photoshop. I was going for a very stylized version to keep true to Dave Sim’s 2D renderings.

Joe Murray (1990)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alex Toth! Man, that's great.

-Wes Smith

Unknown said...

Menudo Hilgenfeld is my piece...I changed my Instagram back to Jay Hilgenfeld is there a way to fix that link. So cool to see my piece here.

A Moment Of Cerebus said...

Hi Jay,
Fixed... I think.
Tim