Monday 15 December 2014

Cerebus Archive Number Three: More Bonus Prints Revealed!

DAVE SIM:
(from CANT Kickstarter Update #17, 13 December 2014)

DOORWAY TO THE GODS: Goer
T. Casey Brennan's story cover-featured on CEREBUS ARCHIVE (the comic book) No.12. I forgot that I had done it This Large as an experiment in how much detail you could get into an "inset" painting working digitally (Sandeep doing the actual production). It didn't really work, but it makes a nice Bonus Print, I think.

DOORWAY TO THE GODS: Pathmistress
I wanted it to look "otherworldly" as if they had been transported to this very stark all-desert planet. Instead it just looks like what it is: a small water colour ink drawing scanned into a digital colour background.

THE LAST SIGNING: Strange Adventures Postcard
Another example where I forgot that I had worked This Large on the original. I like the "ragged" edge to the black (which got cleaned up on the finished postcard) so we're going to leave that in!

ULTIMATE CEREBUS Wraparound Cover
Originally used as a variant cover on THE GUIDE TO SELF-PUBLISHING, we also ran it as the "thank you" card for the 2012 Kickstarter. VERY difficult to reproduce accurately because of the semi-translucent yellows and individually mixed blues, solid black and solid painted red. We're going to call this a "Graduate Studies" piece for Sean who, I'm sure, will Tweak It until it glows in the dark!

WOLVERINE  SHUSTER BENEFIT

Bonus Prints ~ Coming Early 2015

No comments: