Wednesday 13 April 2016

CORRESPONDENCE SCANNING BEGINS!

DAVE SIM:
Dave Fisher will be putting in a full day a week scanning the correspondence files.  The categories are basically going to be a) letters to and from me b) publications (signed and personalized to me) c) publications (signed) d) publications (unsigned) and e) other.

I went through a 2005 file just to see how it would work.  The "other" category came about because there was a play script in there that I had asked the local theatre director to give me as "step one" in doing an article for Sandeep's VERSUS about how a play develops, behind the scenes.  An article that never happened and which I had completely forgotten about.

Obviously in those situations, I have to write a description because I'm the only person who knows what I'm looking at.  HOW that's going to be accomplished is another question.  But, for now just getting all the letters in chronological order and cross-referencing them with the PUBLICATIONS is "Job One".

4 comments:

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

Dave, skip WRITING the description, and FILM yourself holding the item, giving a description, and move on. You can get one of the Legion of Substitute Wise Fellows to transcribe the video later. Less one handed typing.

Matt Dow
(Also, the Archive gets video of you talking about whatever to put on display in the future.)

Jeff Seiler said...

Not a bad idea, Mr. Dow.

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

That'll be ten thousand dollars...

Matt Dow
(I learned that trick from L. Ron Hubbard.)

Jeff Seiler said...

Oh, how I miss your ... scintillating(?) ... no ...

Hmm ...

Helpful ... no ...

Scathing ... no ...

Hmm ...

Humorous ...

No. Definitely, not humorous ...

...

Company!

Yeh. That's it! That's the ticket!

Company!

Please give my very best to all the ladies in YOUR company.