Saturday 22 July 2017

Popular Posts: The All Time Top Ten!


The 'Popular Posts' box (top-right of your AMOC screen) is an automated Blogger widget which lists the most visited AMOC posts on a rolling one month basis. But have you ever wondered what the most visited AMOC posts of all-time are? No? I'm going to tell you anyway...

No. 1
Wally Wood's 22 Panels That Always Work!!
16,208 Views, 15 Jul 2012

No. 2
On Neil Gaiman
10,666 Views, 27 May 2012

No. 3
The End?
6,405 Views, 4 Sep 2012

No. 4
Red Sophia
4,866 Views, 22 Jul 2012

No. 5
Dave Sim Checks Into Grand River Hospital
4,643 Views, 17 Mar 2015

No. 6
Neil Gaiman: 300 Good Reasons To Resent Dave Sim
3,207 View, 29 Sep 2012

No. 7
Weekly Update #97: The Great Cerebus Back-Issues Give-Away
2,890 View, 28 Aug 2015

No. 8
Dave Sim Recovering After Surgery
2,821 Views, 18 Mar 2015

No. 9
Mind Game III & IV
2,245 Views, 28 May 2012

No. 10
The Fantagraphics Offer
2,105 View, 16 Sep 2012

However, my own personal favourite all-time AMOC post is without question Sandeep Atwal's "I Knew Dave Sim..." from June 2012 - a great insight into what "evil" Dave Sim is really like. What's your own favourite AMOC post? Do you even have one? Let me know in the comments. Thanks!

6 comments:

Robbie Foggo said...

I don't know if I have a specific favourite as such but I do really enjoy the "long reads".

Interviews reprinted from years back, the recent Chester Brown articles and responses (and responses to the responses) , the in depth back matter reprints... Also I'm very grateful for the work that Margaret, Sean, Travis and Paul have put in recently and those videos from that Dave chap are very entertaining too.

So the short answer is I'm still enjoying the site, all the contributors efforts and this is a very crap answer to what is your favourite.

Cheers everyone!

Tony Dunlop said...

I guess my favorite posts are any which have a Dave Sim comic strip I haven't seen before - like most of those linked to in the right-hand margin of this page.

Damian T. Lloyd, Esq. said...

The posts that I like best are the ones that discuss the history, aesthetics, or practice of cartooning -- especially as it relates to Cerebus. Dave is a great cartoonist with a substantial knowledge of comic-book history from the early 1940s to the late 1990s.

The posts I find funniest are the ones where Dave tries to grapple with subjects outside comic books. I've laughed at him almost as much as I've laughed at Cerebus itself.

And a post by Sandeep in which he reminds us all that he knows Dave Sim? Gosh, what a change for him!

-- Damian

Jeff Seiler said...

Rereading some of these top ten posts (from the home office in Las Vegas, New Mexico) I am moved to ask, "whatever happened to the story Dave scribbled while he was on an epidural when he was at Grand River Hospital, recovering from his bowel surgery?" The story was called, "Curtains".

Steve said...


Hey Jeff, next time you're in New Mexico, swing by ABQ and we'll reminisce about old times.

And it looks like 2012 was a fine year for AMOC; can't figure why the Wally Wood post garnered so many eyes, it's not like that info isn't available elsewhere.

And personally my favorite posts tend to be those which feature art (such as the Notebook postings), pre-press mock-ups, things from the production side of the series.

Posts with Dave's stories of meeting other creators, really anything which brings out his storyteller side - those are so often fun because Dave is such a skilled raconteur.

And Tim, all us Cerebites out here are glad you're able to devote the time to AMOC that you do; I'm certain none of us would step up to the plate.

Steve

Eddie said...

I like all of the above, as well as the "Cerebus in my life" ones.