Saturday 21 July 2018

Teenage Mutant Ceri-prise!

Hi, Everybody!

Regular reader, Gary Boyarski wrote in:
Hi! I just wanted  to share the amazing news that my copies of Teenage Mutant Ninja Cerebi have arrived! 

You have no idea how exited I am to hold this comic in my hands. (Well, maybe you will once you see the pictures.)

And it looks great! Just like the bastard child of Ninja Turtles #1 and Cerebus should. Anyway, I am one proud Papa of this cover. I may have to go out and get more copies. 

Thanks Dave! For the amazing opportunity to have a Cerebus comic with my name on the inside.  

-Gary Boyarski



Well thanks Gary!

Speaking of Kevin Eastman,
Yeah, that one.
 Here's an article from the July 1989 Continental Profiles I got on my first solo flight, in July of 1989:


I'm not gonna lie, 10 year old Matt has made me save this for nearly thirty years because of the picture of the Masters of the Universe movie standee...




If anybody can mention this article to Kevin Eastman, so he can see it, I'll make you AMOC Special Friend of the Day.

Next Time: Who wants to read the profile of the guy who made Pictionary from July 1989?

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Way to go, Gary! Looks like you're gonna need those royalties, with a young'un in the house. Congratulations on your newfound success!!

Wait. What's the whozit now?

Well, at least you got a signed copy. Better than me. I'm still waiting for my suggestion ("needs some work, but maybe") to see the light of day.

Anyway, nice job!

Tony Dunlop said...

Well, we now know that Eastman & Laird did, indeed, become millionaires - and some of those millions gave us the indispensable Xeric Foundation. Now that's what I call a success story! Thanks, Turtles.

Jeff said...

And, IIRC, the inestimable Steve Peters, a fixture at S.P.A.C.E every year and writer, artist, and publisher of more comics than you can shake your old-man fist at, was a very early recipient of a Xeric Foundation grant.

That has made a lot of us indie fans happy.

Right, Steve?