Monday 13 August 2018

(Un)Collected Letters: Dave Sim? Part Three! (I can't believe this is a new feature...)

Hi, Everybody!

Friend to the blog, and Superman's frenemy, David Birdsong strikes again:
Batman 231, May 1971




Not only did David send in the letters page from Batman #231, so did Cerebus Fangirl Margaret Liss!

David also sent in:
Batman 235, September 1971



And Margaret sent in a picture of Dave Sim signing a copy.

And David also ALSO sent in:
December 1973


 And just because, here's Dave's letters from parts one and two:







Next Time: More letters?!? Shit Dave, when you gonna discover girls? Damn son...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I was 13 when I first read that Ten-Eyed Man comic. He scared the hell out me for some reason.

Tony Dunlop said...

May 1971? That means I was 6 when my Mom bought that for me. She must have thought it was going to be campy like the TV show. NOT appropriate for kiddies, that tale! Brrrrr!

Michael Grabowski said...

Note the Mike "Michael" Cherkas letter at the top, too, an A-V Unique Story alum.

Tony again said...

I keep waiting for someone else to go, but...well, not happening.

I wonder what, exactly, young Master Sim was "pouring over" his horror comics? Sure hope they were "reading copies!"