Tuesday 14 August 2018

(Un)Collected Letters:Dave Sim Part 4?!? J/K: Ger Art!!!

Hi, Everyboy!

More Dave Sim Letters:
8 February 1988
Dear Penthouse:
I NEVER thought your letters were real, until this one time at the San Diego Comic Book Convention, when I got invited back to the room of a girl dressed as Princess Leia in the Slave Girl outfit. When we got there, there were two more girls dressed as Red Sonja, and Wonder Woman. There was also a bathtub full of tapioca pudding, and a man in a Ronald McDonald outfit holding a six pack of Coors and a large pepperoni pizza.
Leia said that it was time for "the Trial," and I should strip and stand in the middle of the floor...
PSYCH!!! 

Dave never wrote in to Penthouse...it was Playboy.

Anyway,

Jeff Seiler sent in:

Hi, Matt!  I just got a package today from Ger.  It was the five Cerebus books I left with him when we were in Columbus.  Each book sketched and signed.  Would you like to post the pix at AMOC?
Hey, a post I don't have to write is I post I don't have to write...

So here they are:
Click to make jumbo huge *wink* *wink*

Click to make enormous *nudge* *nudge*

Click to make...I've run out of double entendres...


Click to make bigger, like a PENIS! (Nope, doesn't work. Sorry...)
Click to make, Jesus! This is the FIFTH one, you should know what clicking does by this one! Bigger! BIGGER!!!

Jeff also sent this e-mail from Ger:
Matt, here it is. 


From: Ger Hard <RedactedUntilIKnowGerWantsHisE-MailOutThere@LessHeadaches4Matt.Seriously>
Sent: Thursday, August 2, 2018 11:10:13 AM
To: Jeff Seiler
Subject: Re: Comix

Hi Jeff,


Heavily redacted by order of the Ministry of Truth 

You didn't see nothing.

Next Time: "The name's Hobbs, Ben Hobbs. Licensed to Photoshop an Aardvark."

19 comments:

Margaret said...

Awesome drawings in those phonebooks!Now rip them out of the book and hang them up on the wall where they belong. :D

Steve said...


Hiya Matt -

Seeing this post, it dawned on me that you have a huge resource for AMOC content available from the Comic Art Fan website, given the hundreds of postings of Cerebus art.

Steve

Steve said...

Hiya Jeff -

So, why THESE five phonebooks?

Just seems random.

And I seriously doubt the answer is that simple.

Steve

Travis Pelkie said...

I did see it! But I didn't read it though! Dangit!

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

Travis, buddy, baby, bubala...

YOU SAW NOTHING!!!

Matt Schultz
(NOTHING!)

Jeff said...

Yes, not my nor Matt's finest moment.

Steve, the answer to "why these five phonebooks?" is, because all of the others (excepting Cerebus and High Society) had already been sketched in by Ger. Yeah. It's a nice collection.

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

Steve,

Oops.

I'm just a horrible fuck-up all over the place today.

These are five phonebooks Jeff sent home with Ger after S.PA.C.E. this year.

Matt
(Man, what am I gonna fuck up next???)

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

"Jeff" *hock-pottui*

NOTHING!

You. Saw. No. Thing.

Sgt. Matt
(NOTHING!)

Steve said...


I saw it all and I'll tell you if you ask nicely...

So, for years I've had 5 sketches Dave did for me (from back when he was selling them on eBay) for a custom bound hardcover set I've wanted to do, using original issues - except for #1, but only because it's an odd size. I have a trashed copy I could use.

But between this and that and all the other ephemera of life, it's now YEARS later and I'm not even sure the book binder is still in business. But from time to time I remember the sketches, and wonder too if I should post 'em up to Ger for some fine background additions.

At the rate I'm going, it's years off in the distance somewhere...

Just a few more years and the kids will be off to college and then I'll have more than enough money for myself.

Right?

Isn't that how it works?

Steve

Jeff said...

Steve, I'm axing nicely ... PLEASE don't share. When I posted the letter, it was because Ger had written comments about the drawings that he did in my phonebooks. The other stuff, if I had been sharp, would have never made it.

Please, Steve, keep it to yourself.

Thanks!

And, again and forever, I am sooooo sorry, Ger.

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

Steve,

You saw NOTHING!

Herr Schultz
(Did you know Schultz was a toymaker? Also, NOTHING!)

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

"Jeff" *hock-pottui*,

What part of "NOTHING!", was unclear?

Herr Schultz
(NOTHING!)

Tony Dunlop said...

OK, this is starting to sound like a school playground: "we know something yoooou don't, nyah nyah na nyaaaah nyah."

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

Tony,

NOTHING!

We know NOTHING!

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Matt
(Seriously, just forget about it. I posted something I shouldn't have, and now it's gone. FOR THE BETTER.)

Tony again said...

Yes, I'd figured out what happened. I'm just pondering whether to have Devin Nunes subpoena y'all.

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

Ain't Nunes business!

Mat...I mean, "Mr. Smith"

Steve said...


Of course I won't share what's been redacted.

Well, won't share via text.

But the pics, oh now THERE'S a different kettle of fish altogether!

Steve

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

Steve,

You have pictures of NOTHING!

NOTHING!

Herr Smith

Tony again said...

Matt sounds like Rudy Giuliani this weekend: "Truth isn't truth."

Man, I haven't found politics this amusing since I was a kid and President Ford kept tripping over his dog and hitting people with golf balls.