Saturday 22 December 2018

It's my Wedding Anniversary !

Hi, Everybody!

Today I got married, thirteen years ago.

Here's the cake from the reception:


Funny story: so, we went to the bakery and gave them my copy of issue #219, and said we wanted the image on the cake.

When the wife went to pick it up, they had put the bagged and boarded comic on the cake.

She complained to the manager, and it turns out the cake maker had screwed up like, five cakes in the past few days. Including somebody else's cake that day. So they fixed our cake, and fired the cake maker.

So, if you're getting hitched and you're a Cerebus fan, Here's the image for your cake:


I'd say, "hi!" to the wife, but I know she doesn't read these things...

Next Time: Sunday, so Dave.

5 comments:

Paul Slade said...

Now I'm wondering. What would be the very worst Cerebus cover you could choose to reproduce on your wedding cake? One that's guaranteed to doom the marriage before it even starts?

I'm going to go with issue #57. The little fella does not look happy to see that ring.

[https://neet-stuff.myshopify.com/products/cerebus-the-aardvark-57-dave-sim-aardvark-vanaheim-fan-favorite-cult-self-published-alternative-comic-book-parody]

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Matt!


A Fake Name

Unknown said...

Hey THREAD CREATORS...

Can you please consider to OBNOXIOUSLY make your name known as the author of the post you created.

From my point of view, it is hard to know WHOs ( of the many people managing and posting here ) words I am reading.

Thoughts?

George

Unknown said...

And congrats to Who posted this thread.

GpG

Jeff said...

Congratulations, Matthew, on having such a lovely marriage and family!