Monday 25 March 2019

Dave's Collected Letters: Scream #4




Hi, Everybody!

The Jaka's Story remaster has a Starcode!  APR191258 First month orders will be signed and numbered!

Greg Hyland is Kickstartering the second volume of the Monster Atlas, and if he gets another ninteen hundred and twenty-seven bucks, it'll have Gerhard art like the first volume. It'll look a little something like this.

There's more auctions up at ComicsLink. And last Friday's update has a special AMOC auction. (Seiler's winning at $100 US.)

If you're waiting for a Indiegogo live for the Postcard Kickstarter, like the one for the birthday card Kickstarter, I don't know if there will be one.

The remastered Volume 1 is available digitally for $9.99.
_______________________________________________________________________


Friend to the Blog, and Heir to the Throne, Eddie Khanna sent in:
Hey Matt, not sure if this has been posted before (and I'm too lazy to check), but here's a letter from Dave to Skywald' SCREAM from 1974 (pg. 24. I'm sending you the whole thing, because, hey Why not?).
 
-Eddie
 Image result for Scream #4 skywald

And that's why we like Eddie 'round here. Thanks Eddie!

Next time: Eddie sent in more stuff. Wanna see that?

7 comments:

Damian T. Lloyd, Esq. said...

Wouldn't a cannibal werewolf eat other werewolves?

-- Damian

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

Damian,

Maybe the cover werewolf is the one hunting the cannibal one?

Or maybe he eats wolves and people, cause he's half man-half wolf?

Or he's a cannibal who also happens to be a werewolf?

Matt
(Man the 70s were weird...)

Michael Grabowski said...

You've always gotta point out the flaws, don't you, Damian? (Kidding! That was a good one.)

I'm a bit surprised to hear that there were SLAP BAM POW headlines in the mid-70s, too. I thought that was an 80s innovation during the Maus-Watchmen-Dark Knight Returns coverage. I know the undergrounds sold very well for a few years but didn't realize they had received any awareness from the mainstream media.

Glen said...

How does the signed "Jaka's Story" remastered volume work?


Do I tell my friendly neighbourhood comic book store I want a copy this week & I'm guaranteed a signed copy?



Michael Grabowski said...

Glen, according to the Diamond listing, Dave will sign and number all the editions ordered for this first month only.

Sean R said...

>>
Do I tell my friendly neighbourhood comic book store I want a copy this week & I'm guaranteed a signed copy?>>

Yes! However many orders there are in the next 3.5 weeks, that's how many signed copies there will be. Diamond will order over the initial orders by some other amount, and those will become inventory books available after the initial order...but they won't be signed.

Jeff said...

I got one. X-Men-Dollars-of-Numbers.

Plan accordingly.