Saturday 27 April 2019

Cerebus in Hell? Postcard #1! (AND ORIGINAL ART FOR SALE!!! (Okay, for auction. Whatever...))






Hi, Everybody!

As I said yesterday, my Cerebus in Hell? Postcard #1 arrived in the mail:

As you can see, I noticed something wrong right away...
It showed up like this, I didn't start to open it...
So, funny story: I paid for a "BEAT TO HELL?" one and a "DON'T DAMAGE MY @#$%ING POSTCARD" one, but I got two "DON'T DAMAGE MY @#$%ING POSTCARD" postcards in one bag and board.
Back when this first started, I asked whether we could get our regular Kickstarter numbers, the answer was "eh...NO". But my regular Kickstarter number is 37, and I got postcards #35 and 36. Funny...
ALSO:
Original Comic Art:Panel Pages, Dave Sim Cerebus #17 Story Page 14 Original Art(Aardvark-Vanaheim, 1980)....
Look what Heritage has got.
And,
Original Comic Art:Panel Pages, Dave Sim Cerebus #25 Story Page 12 Original Art(Aardvark-Vanaheim, 1981)....
This one too...
Also and: Friend to the Blog, and Stormtrooping Red Shirt: Steve Peters has another Kickstarter going. (I have a joke in one panel.)

Next Time: It's Sunday. So, the usual.

7 comments:

Michael R. said...

Hi Matt!
I received my Postcard last week and the envelope was ripped in the same spot in the back. Also my Kickstarter number is #26 and mine was numbered 23. My nephew received 24. Not sure what my future son-in-law or JAF Comics got. I'm still waiting for one more postcard. Maybe I'll get 26. We"'ll see.

PS--- Last week's episode of CerebusTV(77)featured Dave Sim being interviewed by Alexa(Comic Book Daily.com) with Jeff Seiler as comedy relief.

Michael

Jeff said...

Um, "comic relief"? No. I'm the laughable, lovable sidekick.

Man. That was eight years ago. Tempus fuggit.

Margaret said...

When I got my postcards last week, the envelope was ripped in the same spot. At first I thought it was due to the tape placement, but why wasn't the other side ripped as well? I also noted that the adhesive on the envelope wasn't what was keeping the envelope closed, but it was the piece of tape.

The postcards however, are in mint condition.

Damian T. Lloyd, Esq. said...

Jeff S. is certainly laughable, but I'm less certain about lovable.

-- Damian

Steve said...


Ain't nobody gonna ask about that there romance comic?!

OK then, I will:

Hey Matt, what's the story with the romance comic?

Steve

ps - so, given the consistent placement of the envelope tear it's reasonable to say it occurred at one postal location before the letters were distributed to regional sorting centers

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

Steve,

It's a postcard from my friend the Comic Book Man. I got a stack of comic book cover postcards from him.

Margaret and Michael,

I'm guessing that the meter lifted the flap until it hit the tape, then ripped the envelope as it pulled free.

Matt Dow

Lee Thacker said...

Happy to say my postcard arrived in the UK safely with no creases or a ripped envelope1