Tuesday 9 April 2019

Who's the narrator? MIND BLOWN!!!

Hi, Everybody!

The Jaka's Story remaster has a Starcode!  APR191258 First month orders will be signed and numbered! "However many orders there are in the next 1 week[?], that's how many signed copies there will be. Diamond will order over the initial orders by some other amount, and those will become inventory books available after the initial order...but they won't be signed." [Thanks Sean!-Matt] 
There's a special AMOC auction for the cover of Green Dante/Green Virgil. (John Christian is winning with a bid of $250 USD.)

If you're waiting for a Indiegogo live for the Postcard Kickstarter, like the one for the birthday card Kickstarter, I don't know if there will be one. But all the postcards should be in the mail. So watch for the postman.

The remastered Volume 1 is available digitally for $9.99.
Greg Hyland is Kickstartering the second volume of the Monster Atlas, and if he gets another hundred and ninety-nine bucks CAD ($197 USD), it'll have Gerhard art like the first volume. It'll look a little something like this.
_______________________________________________________________________

So, I was working on a post based off of something Dave said in the last Please Hold, when I ran across something in Reads, that blew my mind.

Namely, this:
Reads page 41
Is...

Is Suenteus Po the all-knowing Narrator from the first half of the series?

I mean, after Women, there is no all-knowing narration.

I ran through the phonebooks in my head:

Cerebus: All-knowing narrator

High Society: All-knowing narrator, Suenteus Po the human member of Cerebus' cabinet

Church &State 1: No narrator(?)

Church & State 2: No narrator (?), all-knowing narrator during the ascension

Jaka's Story: No narrator, Oscar

Melmoth: No narrator, Oscar's friend's letters

Flight: All-knowing narrator

Women: All-knowing narrator

Reads: No narrator, Victor Reid, Viktor Davis

Minds: "Dave"

Guys:  No narrator other than this bit:


Rick's Story: No narrator, Rick's book, "Dave"

Going Home: No narrator, F. Stop's book

Form & Void: No narrator, Ham's book, Mary's diary

Latter Days: Cerebus does the narration

Last Day: Well, there's this:
Which I'm gonna say is "Dave"


I guess I'll be faxing Dave tonight...

Next Time: Hobbs. ALL Hobbs...

8 comments:

Sean said...

There is another possibly more obvious candidate for the C + S II narrator...

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

Sean,

Victor or Cirin?

Matt

Dave said...

Is there any way I can buy this direct from Dave or some authorized dealer? I don't live near comic shop and pre-ordering non-Marvel/DC books from brick-mortar shops has been extremely problematic for me, historically.

Tony Dunlop said...

Dave, unless you're really determined to get a signed copy, you can do what I do: Wait until the book is available from InStockTrades (link over on the right margin of the AMOC home page, under the "Page 45" logo). I got both the High Society and Going Home remasters from them and plan to buy JS from them as soon as I have it.
Special ordering from a comic shop, especially preordering, is too much hassle unless you are a regular there.

Tony again said...

"As soon as they have it." Oh for an "edit" button.

Dave said...

Thank you Tony! Probably I'll do that. I would naturally prefer signature copy of course as well as putting dough directly in Dave's hands. Was just wondering if that was possible.

Bill Ritter said...

Dave, Menachem Luchins with Escape Pod Comics (https://www.facebook.com/EscapePodComics/?ref=gs&__tn__=%2CdK-R-R&eid=ARA2ydJRNlQcpMGvBbxLIqNo9JG-0Ijmsptywx4vvKboQLlwQ3VLx6WVcMg2dZtkSTnEwSQ39Y_4NkmM&fref=gs&dti=152689141465136&hc_location=group) is a big Cerebus supporter and very very easy to work with.

(disclaimer: I've ordered 1 thing from Escape Pod, am not a regular, have no other association - however, if I did need to seek something out (esp Cerebus or Sim related), Menacham would be amongst the 1st calls I would make.

Seth Manhammer said...

Piggybacking off Bill's comment, I get my monthly comics via mail order from Escape Pod Comics. Menachem Luchins is amazing with all things Cerebus. If you wanted a signed copy, hit him up and he can get it ordered for you and will work out shipping.