Thursday 3 October 2019

Steve Peters Week II: Homage Covers

MARGARET LISS:
A few years ago I scanned all of Dave Sim's notebooks. He had filled 36 notebooks during the years he created the monthly Cerebus series, covering issues #20 to 300, plus the other side items -- like the Epic stories, posters and prints, convention speeches etc. A total of 3,281 notebook pages detailing his creative process. I never really got the time to study the notebooks when I had them. Just did a quick look, scanned them in and sent them back to Dave as soon as possible. So this regular column is a chance for me to look through those scans and highlight some of the more interesting pages.

No notebook stuff this week for this week is Steve Peters' Week!

Friend to the Blog Steve Peters is running a new KickStarter to fund his latest project: Parallel Comicverses #1, which has a new story in it, WRITTEN BY DAVE SIM! And to celebrate, A Moment of Cerebus is doing STEVE PETERS WEEK II!

So last time it was Steve Peters Week here at A Moment of Cerebus I showed  the sketch cover he did for another kickstarter he had done. This time I'm going to show you the postcard size recreations of two Cerebus covers in which he used his Rabbit in Hell characters.

The first is a cover recreation of Cerebus #18. I really like how there were multiple characters on the cover and I thought it'd give Steve a chance to show his characters:

Rabbit in Hell homage to Cerebus #18 cover

Cerebus #18 cover
I love how Steve used the same font as the Cerebus logo for his Rabbit Hell logo.

The second one was Cerebus #166's cover. I can't remember why I choose this particular cover. I mean, it is a nice Cerebus cover, just not one of my top ten covers. . .

Rabbit in Hell homage to Cerebus #166 cover

Cerebus #166 cover



No comments: