Monday 18 November 2019

Remember when AMOC was good? The ol' AMOC Mailbag remembers...

Hi, Everybody!

The ol' AMOC Mailbag gets some pretty interesting "submissions", like:

Paul Slade writes:

Dear AMOC,

On August 19, 2014, I decided to try a little experiment. I addressed the envelope above exactly as you see it here and sealed a brief message inside asking Dave to let me know if the letter ever reached him. Then I stuck an airmail stamp for £1.28 on it (the correct sum) and dropped it in the postbox.


My hope was that, even with such minimal information to work from, the Post Office in Kitchener would be determined enough to figure out the puzzle and deliver my letter correctly. Royal Mail lore, after all, is full of stories relating similar triumphs.

Five years on, with still no word from Dave, I guess it’s time to admit the experiment failed. I’m disappointed in you, postmen of Kitchener, I truly am.

Paul Slade
London, UK.
______________________________________

Steve Swenson writes:
Hiya Matt -
So, this one caught my eye - simply because that's an outrageously high bid for a mid-grade counterfeit.
People's done gone crazy!
Steve
______________________________________

And then T. Casey Brennan sent in  (twice):
Fan girls pose with my books.


______________________________________

Yup, this is my life...
______________________________________

Ya'll should order up sum House of Cerebus, Cerebus in Hell? that is...
______________________________________

Tune in ta'marra for mo' Fun-filled Cerebus goodness!

Next Time: I never write like that again...(promise.)

3 comments:

Birdsong said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

Son, Ah say, son, Ah have done put ma left hand in the Atlantic, ma right hand in the Pacific, and pissed in the Mississippa. Ah been 'round, travelled that is...

R. Beauregard T. Manly

Jeff said...

Who knew that T. Casey might be into "lesbos"? Huh. And here I thought he was a really straight guy...