Tuesday 28 July 2020

Dave's Birthday offer to you.

Hi, Everybody!

The Kickstarter for You Don't Know Jack. There's all sorts of neat stuff over there.

Cerebus in Hell?:
The NEW one: Vault of Cerebus!
For Order still: The "Censored for Grandma" variant: Batvark XXXXX (maybe.)
Signed copies of Vark Wars: Walt's Empire Strikes Back (Signed by Dave, Signed by Dave and me, Signed by me after I scribble out Dave's name, Signed by my kids, Signed by my mailman, Signed by random strangers I meet on the way to the Post Office, Signed by "Jorge Luiz", Signed by You (if you get it in the mail and have a pen handy...), Signed by random Customs Agents (if you're a foreigner), Signed however you want...)
In stores now: Attractive Cousins

If you missed the Waverly Press Kickstarter for the Remastered Cerebus #1, limited overflow of the rewards are available at cerebusoverload.com.

Cerebus masks and whatnots with all the money going to Dave ($45 (US) so far...).
______________________________

Dave's been faxing me up a storm, so let's see what we got:



Dave using his Remastered Cerebus #1 postcards...

Uh...before I get to the photos, I think "Grandpa" is having one of his "Senior Moments" Bob's friend (as he says in his letter,) is "Kevin". I don't know why Grandpa wrote "Keith" (TWICE!). (I have photos of Dave and I from 2004 that he signed to "Mike" and sent me, so this isn't a new "thing"...) BUT, I zoomed in on the last photo before I resized it to AMOC size, and the comics ARE personalized to "Kevin". So, we're all good there...


These are the 40th photos.


And these are the 50th.
That Flaming Cerebus must be a proof, 'cause I'm pretty sure it hasn't even been solicited through Diamond... (And that's a print of a Baby Yoda Cerebus strip, and I didn't even know we were talking about/showing that off yet...)



I also got scans of the back of the photos, they read: 
April 2010 "Good lord!"
April 2010
July 2020 "Oh wow!" "Look at that!"
July 2020

SO, (getting back to Dave's offer,) 
Know a CEREBUS fan who is about to celebrate a birthday with a "0" on the end of it? Let Dave Sim know BY MAIL (THAT should cut down on the number of participants :) ). Please include In your request some "insider thing" about the recipient that can be included in the personalization. Otherwise all you get is "To [first name of recipient] Happy _0th Birthday from [your name] and Dave Sim" and 10 years to kick yourself for not thinking of the PERFECT personalization in time. 

Dave's address (for the new guys,):
AARDVARK-VANAHEIM Inc.
Box 1674 Stn. C
Kitchener ON N2G 4R2 CANADA

Geez, I wonder if I could get Dave to send my mom Batvark's PENIS for her 70th?

And because, "Why not?" here's Dave's Phantom Stranger letter:


Next Time: Hobbs. And Batvark's PENIS I bet...

2 comments:

john g. said...

Gold star! So you just happened to have a copy of a fifty year-old Phantom Stranger issue lying around??? Extra credit!

JLH said...

Ouch, 5 months too late for me.