Monday 3 August 2020

Updates on everything, plus Cats love Dave?

Hi, Everybody!

Rigamarole:
Cerebus in Hell?:
The Daily CiH? strips have ended. (And there was much rejoicing.)
For Order:Vault of Cerebus! And The "Censored for Grandma" variant: Batvark XXXXX
Signed copies of Vark Wars: Walt's Empire Strikes Back (Signed by Dave, Signed by Dave and me, Signed by me after I scribble out Dave's name, Signed by my kids, Signed by my mailman, Signed by random strangers I meet on the way to the Post Office, Signed by "Jorge Luiz", Signed by You (if you get it in the mail and have a pen handy...), Signed by random Customs Agents (if you're a foreigner), Signed by Benjamin Hobbs (if you mail it and twenty bucks to him), Signed by David Birdsong (if you mail it to HIM along with twenty-FIVE bucks), Signed by Sean Robinson (if you mail it to him along with however much he's charging, I haven't asked...), Signed however you want...)
In stores now: Attractive Cousins
And maybe by the end of the month: The Amicable Spider-Vark (there's been an issue. Hopefully by the end of the month...)
And there's a Kickstarter for Dave and Carson Grubaugh's You Don't Know Jack. 
Latest Update:
Hello everyone!

With twelve days left of the campaign, we are squeaking ever-closer to $14,000, and to our larger stretch goal of $20,000, which will net all $15 and up backers digital files for You Don't Know Jack!, as well as PDF versions of "The Dave Sim Cut" of the book, as well as Dave's layouts for the entire book, in all of their fax-to-email glory, including a dozen or so strips that didn't make the final cut for the book!
Next week we're contemplating one or two more campaign add-ons we've been discussing, but in the meanwhile, here are two more Google Grab-Bag Madness sketches from the Hand of Carson!
You don't get pictures or videos, those are for CLOSERS...I mean BACKERS.

If you missed the Waverly Press Kickstarter for the Remastered Cerebus #1, limited overflow of the rewards are available at cerebusoverload.com
The discount code expired, but there may be more in the future. When I know, you'll know... And HEY! there's an update there too:
Hi everyone,

We're entering the final stage of production. The untrimmed cover press sheets arrived from the printer and they are stunning! The metallic inks look even better than anticipated, though the photos do not do them justice.

The "sketchbooks" have been printed and bound and the printer sent us finished photos.

Dave still has to sign the platinum editions and that's the last hurdle. We expect the books to be bound and en route to the office in about 2 weeks.

We still look to be on track to getting orders dispatched towards the end of the month.

Also, visit us at: cerebusoverload.com where you can pick up some great Cerebus rarities and get on the mailing list for upcoming collaborations with Dave Sim.

Enjoy the photos below!

 
Cerebus masks and whatnots with all the money going to Dave.
Those are from the hand of me. 

There's also "Cerebus in Hell? 4 Sell". With all the profits going to Aardvark-Vanaheim. The Designs:

I'm to inform you guys that: "new items will be added often so check back" (I'll let you know when I know. I got you.)
__________________________________

Okay, I WAS gonna start posting from the pile of faxes Dave sent, but Dave sent a fax first thing this morning:

Just so everybody's up to speed, Jeff posted:
Since Matt and I can't seem to communicate well, but (I think) like each other, I'm gonna post up here about the phone conversation that Dave and I had last ... um ... some day. Recently.

I had called him on the day on which I took home my new cat from the shelter.

I thought that Dave would like to know that I have named my cat Yusuf.

We talked about Yusuf and Joseph and his 11 (12?) brothers and such for a while. And, then, Dave said, "Cats *love* me."

I was, to say the least, very much taken aback. I think that that may be the only thing, in nearly 20 years, that Dave has said to me to which I had no effing idea how to respond
And:
And, then, he explained.

Every night, after fasting all day, Dave eats a can of tuna and a can of pineapple and, I think, something else. Dave told me, over the phone, as I'm starting to build up to laughing my ass off (which he and I both normally do when we speak on the phone or in person), and he explained.

"When I open the can of tuna each night, I drain the tuna water into a jar. When the jar gets full," Dave told me, "I take it out back to the garden and pour the tuna water onto the plants. And,then, the cats come running in."

I laughed out loud for a long time. A *long* time. I asked him, "Do they line up?" He said that he wasn't sure, but they definitely congregate.

After we laughed and laughed and laughed, we ended the call. I had to walk down the street to the store, but kept thinking about cats in Dave's back yard, and laughing.

And then, I called Dave back and left a message: "You should get Rolly to sell tickets to those cats."
I faxed that up to Dave, and he responded:

Ahem...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

THAT'S hilarious.

The whole thing, Jeff getting it wrong, Dave's story. Everything. But mostly because it reminded me of this:

And (since Dave brought it up), we're doing Please Hold this week, so if you have questions for Dave comment here, email them to momentofcerebus@gmail.com, or THINK them at me REAL hard and hope I develop telepathy...(I would just stick to the first two...)

Next Time: I mean Dave said the ONE fax could last a week, and I don't have a week...

13 comments:

Margaret said...

This is the type of content I pay for. Thank you Matt. Thank you Seiler. And mostly, thank you Dave.

Damian T. Lloyd, Esq. said...

A twofer! In one letter we see Jeff S.'s usual level of accuracy, and reasons other than inaccurate reporting that are "a major contributor to the Crazy Dave Sim thing".

-- Damian

Anonymous said...

Great story, indeed. But, in fairness to Jeff, it makes sense that the guy who has spent the past forty years as a professional storyteller could 'pull it off' a little better...

Anonymous said...

Wow. I mean...WOW. So, according to Dave Sim himself: "If Jeff Seiler tells you something that I said to him on the phone, the odds are about 98% against him getting it right even if he's relating a conversation we had 24 hours ago."

Got it. I think if Jeff were being honest with everyone, he would provide that caveat every time he relates one of his endless, "I talked to Dave Sim on the phone today!" stories. But, if Dave is to believed, it would be better if Jeff just refrained from ever quoting a telephone conversation he may (or may not!) have had with Dave ever again.

Erick said...

I have not checked in on this website in a while, but when I do lo and behold it is a molehill being made out of anthill.

Jeff gets dumped on - fairly and fairly and only a few time's unfairly, but this seems a bit harsh?

Jeff worships Dave to an unseemly degree, but for the sake of a stupid cat story Dave just shat all over Jeff on a public forum.

I am not a Jeff defender by any means - he brings most of it on himself. But did the record of posterity on something so picayune really need to be corrected in such a humiliating way?

Knowing Jeff's fanaticism, he will just laugh it off but still this says a bit more about Dave too.

BLM

Dave Kopperman said...

The details were a little unclear, but since Jeff had an actual concussion a couple of weeks ago, I'd be inclined to cut him slack on remembering the details in a phone conversation (unless he was expressly instructed to relate the story in detail, which it doesn't seem he was).

Jeff said...

Okay, the whole damn thing *is* funny. But, I will point out that Dave proves his point by doing the same thing--leaving out certain aspects of the conversation. And not mentioning some parts of the discussion that I got right. And, by no means was I attempting to imply "crazy Dave Sim".

There's a reason why the game is called "telephone".

The most pertinent part of the phone conversation that Dave left out is that I asked him, before we hung up, if it would be okay by him if I posted about our call here at AMOC. He said yes. Also, I didn't post it 24 hours later--it was two or three days later. And there were other things he omitted. For some reason, I am reminded of the old tv show, "Green Acres".

So, I guess, quid pro quo. It probably is best if I don't relate any more phone conversations.

Jeff said...

Also, the last time Dave and I discussed his fasting in depth, he was fasting six days out of seven and not just during Ramadan. And he told me that he had told his doctor about his diet (a can of tuna, a can of pineapple and something else), and that the doctor had mostly approved but recommended not eating tuna every day due to the mercury it contains. So, obviously Dave took the doctor's advice. But I didn't know that until today. And I just assumed that Dave was still fasting six days out of seven. My bad for assuming.

Margaret said...

Jeff - for what it is worth, I didn't make anything of this other then a fun Dave Sim story. You've always been an upright honest guy with me. Anytime you want to go to the Sausage Haus for a cream puff, I'm up for it. :)

Steve said...


Personally, Jeff, I hope you do continue to relate your conversations with Dave. I typically enjoy reading what you've got to say, I appreciate what your contributions add to the AMOC content, and consequently the site would be 'missing a bit' if you cease.

Steve

Jeff said...

Well, thank you, Margaret, Steve, et al. I'm just gonna try to figure out how to record the calls. Speaking with Dave is nearly always a pleasure, as he said once a while ago about speaking with me. (Really. He did. I'm 100% certain about that.)

Mags? The cream puffs are always on me.

Anonymous said...

"Speaking with Dave is nearly always a pleasure, as he said once a while ago about speaking with me."

Unfortunately for you, Dave Sim says that there is a 98% chance that that statement is bullshit.

Jeff said...

83%.

😉😉😉😉😉

No, actually, a month or six weeks ago, or longer than that, near the end of our phone conversation, he said, "Jeff, as always, it has been a pleasure talking with you."

Or, it was something very similar to that.

Dave?