Saturday 3 October 2020

Please Hold For Dave Sim 10/2020

Hi, Everybody!

Dave called on Thursday. We talked for two hours, six minutes and twenty-one seconds.

It was a real good time.
Click for the bigger detail. (I know Larry's gonna...)


Notes: 
Dave called me early, and I was nekkid. (Hey man, I TOLD him I wouldn't be available until AFTER 5PM his time. Matt's time IS Matt's Time! (I was in the shower getting clean from work.)) He had called early, because one of his clocks was fast. the conversation starts in the middle of that.

The bit from The Last Day I was trying to remember was:
Specifically: "Fushia-and-incarnadine-veined white marble from the westernmost escarpment of the Buonarroti quarry in the Kota Mountains" and "Borealan-Highland-deep-mineplatinum-basso-relievo-with-yellow-gold-filigree-and-mother-of-pearl-intaglio-inlays"

Spawn #10 IS coming soon. (As soon as I know, you'll know...)

The Buster Keaton short Dave and I talk about:

It's actually called The Railrodder...
(I've never actually seen the opening, as my mom's copy started around the thirty second mark.)

(And because I can...)

Photos of the Citadel miniatures can be found here. And here

The page from Superman VS Muhammed Ali Dave would like is:

The "Song of Amergin" from Flight:

And the three Batvark Penises:
Batvark: Penis


Signed copies of XXXXX

Dave signing them.

Dave signing more of them.


Two of my copies of the Virgin variant. (Front and back.)
_____________________


Buy Batvark: PENIS (in stores NOW! (Possibly along with the "Censored For Grandma" Variant, Batvark: XXXXX.).) If you're in DESPERATE need of a "Virgin" Batvark: Penis (limited to ONLY 253 copies!), you'll have to wait to see what Hobbs is up to...

And on the last Wednesday of the month (the 28th), pick up the Vault of Cerebus

Here some of them signed.

And here's Dave signing them.

And signing more.

Check out the new Cerebus masks and whatnots, TeePublic tells me:
Up to 35% off site-wide:
Oct 14 – 17
Oct 28 – 31
Up to 30% off site-wide:
Oct 22 – 23

Tell your fans! Remind them that everything will be up to 35% off -- that means $13 tees, $20 phone cases, $30 hoodies, and way more!
Signed copies of Vark Wars: Walt's Empire Strikes Back (Signed by Dave, Signed by Dave and me, Signed by me after I scribble out Dave's name, Pretty much available Signed only...).

Don't forget cerebusoverload.com 

Or the IndieGoGo for You Don't Know Jack (this is going to end eventually. I think...) Speaking of You Don't Know Jack:
We have had the first reports of books making it to their final destinations!

The first shipment had somewhere around 170 packages in it. My goal for this weekend it so get the final 100ish packages together and ready for shipment on Monday.

As you get your books we would love to hear what you think in the comments here!

Thank you all so much for helping make this a reality.

Carson Grubaugh
And bid on a slightly used copy of SODAR: 

Bidding starts at $50 (USD)

As you all know, Wilf Jenkins was the Aardvark/Vanaheim lawyer for years, and during that time he was on the comp list. Wilf saved all his copies. Dave and Wilf have signed them, and there's a certificate of authenticity. The books will be available from Looking For Heroes, for $10 (CAD) plus $4 dollars shipping to Canada and $5 dollars shipping to the USA. All the money goes to the Food Bank of the Waterloo Region.

Next Time: Oliver Simonsen!

13 comments:

Larry Wooten said...

Just when I think a Vigin Batvark Penis is out of reach... it teases me again.
Naughty,naughty,naughty! You filthy old soomka!

Birdsong said...

Benjamin Hobbs has around 200 copies of Virgin Batvark. Be nice to him.

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

So, what your saying Larry, is that you want a Virgin Penis in your box.

In fact, you want ME to put MY Virgin Penis in your box.

You're a disturbed individual Larry, all I'm saying, a disturbed individual...

Manly

Bill Ritter said...

Is XXXXXX out? My LCS didn't get that copy, and Diamond reports it is not available. Some sites are indicating it's out 10/13. What's the story on this and how can one get copies? Anyone know...?

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

Bill,

I believe XXXXX has come out, but Diamond has two listings for it. Dave said it's getting a second printing.

It's all so confusing...

Manly

Larry Wooten said...

Birdsong. I love thar line from A Clockwork Orange.
I meant no disrespect to Benjamin Hobbs.
What have I done?

Matt. I do want a Virgin Penis in my box. Yours. Hobbs. From the Clown in the gutter.
I am not picky where I get my Virgin Penis.
You may be right in your assessment that I am a disturbed individual. I will call a Catholic Priest to discuss this and seek absolution.
After I see if he has a Virgin Penis for me.

Dave Kopperman said...

Hearing Dave recite The Song of Amergin reminds me again what a great cartoon voice actor he'd be, particularly for the Bill Woodson-style omniscient narrator stuff.

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

I asked the CiH? gurus, and the word from on high is:
"Diamond and did not order enough copies. Therefore there will be a second printing. It will also have a slight change to the cover for collectors of such things."

So now you know.
Matt

Birdsong said...

No worries, Larry. I just meant that Benjamin Hobbs is the guy with the copies. Offer him money, your first born or complete a quest for him or something.

Steve said...


Sir Matt -

Will you be breaking the sound file down into 'questions answered' bite-sized chunks?
I found that quite convenient...I would listen to what interested me, and pass on what didn't.

Steve

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

Steve,
I'm gonna break up the video tonight and post it on the YouTubes.


Manly

Jeff said...

That Keaton video sucks so hard that it blows.

Steve said...


So, I try to be an astute reader, to pay attention, not interrupt when the adults are talking, watch and listen for subtle verbal clues and mannerisms.

But for the life of me I have absolutely no recollection of ever hearing what's the deal with all the signed by Dave CIH? issues as pictured here and elsewhere: where do they go, who gets them, how..

So please, help a wandering, wondering poor soul out and fill in the gaps in my thinking caps.

Steve