Wednesday 21 October 2020

Spawn #10 Ashcan Cover Progression

 

Benjamin Hobbs:

Dagon James asked Sean, David and me to color the cover for the SPAWN #10 Ashcan. He wanted us to use Dave's art for the WAVERLY PRESS Corner Bullet:


My initial pass had a textured background and Spawn was colored with a soft brush:    

The textured background was replaced with flames and I added some texture to Spawn:


Dagon asked for something simpler.  Sean sent these images:

Liking what Sean had done, I did a quick modification of the coloring I had done:

Then I tried some simple colors using filters:

 

Additionally,  I sent a simplified version of the first color set:

Dagon liked this version, but asked that the TEN in the logo be centered:

I believe this is the version of the cover that will appear on the ashcan.

Next Week: VAULT OF CEREBUS #1 ON SALE at your LCS!

No comments: