Friday 20 November 2020

AMAZING BATVARK (Dave's Weekly Update #366)

Hi, Everybody!

Previously-recorded-at-an-earlier-date from 
the Off-White House in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, It's:
Aardvark-Vanaheim Founder and President:
Dave Sim, with his Weekly Update:

New Cerebus in Hell?!!! Order it: The Amazing Batvark



As the video says, Final Order Cut-off is December 27th. (But I'm sure if that's wrong, I'll hear about it and tell youse guys...)

Carson Grubaugh is auctioning off this:
Click for Bigger.
It's:
This was the painted cover I did for SDOAR V1, based on mock-ups by Dave. Four months of work that we both agreed was just too cluttered to serve as the actual cover. The work is a 20" x 16" oil painting on board. It already has a frame.

Highest bidder in the comments after one week gets the work. Buyer will pay shipping, and if desired, insurance. If no insurance is purchased any awful thing the USPS does to the work on the way is the buyers loss."
Current HIGH bid is to Jeff Seiler for $125. By Executive Fiat, the Auction ends after TWO weeks, on Cyber Monday (November 30th).

On Wednesday, the 25th, pick up Spider-Whore. I'm not going to, because my 15 "contributor" copies showed up in the mail today. (I had nothing to do with this issue, but my name is on the cover.) I got issues #175-189 out of 2414. I'm signing and sending Dave five issues of his pick of numbers, but then I'ma offer the rest to the fine folks willing to give me money, kinda like I am with: copies of Vark Wars: Walt's Empire Strikes Back (Signed by Dave, Signed by Dave and me, Signed by me after I scribble out Dave's name, Pretty much available Signed only...) (There MIGHT be a "Small Bizness Saturday" AMOC sale of Cerebus related stuff from my house. Still formulating and planning at this point. Tune in next week!)

Spawn #10 Kickstarter, has ended, but much like the Remastered Cerebus #1, AND You Don't Know Jack, there's a second chance IndieGoGo. (It ends on the 27th.)


Check out the new Cerebus masks and whatnots. PENIS and XXXXX added. And there's a sale:
Your entire store will be on sale:
Nov 17 – 20 
Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales will be running:
Nov 26 – 27
Nov 29 – 30
Tell your fans! Remind them that everything will be up to 35% off! That means $13 tees, $20 phone cases, $30 hoodies, and way more.
Ya done been told fans!

As you all know, Wilf Jenkins was the Aardvark/Vanaheim lawyer for years, and during that time he was on the comp list. Wilf saved all his copies. Dave and Wilf have signed them, and there's a certificate of authenticity. The books will be available from Looking For Heroes, for $10 (CAD) plus $4 dollars shipping to Canada and $5 dollars shipping to the USA. All the money goes to the Food Bank of the Waterloo Region.

Speaking of whom, I got this from Dave:
So, apparently the BIGGEST difference between English and French is about a hundred years...

Next Time: CEREBUS!!!

4 comments:

Birdsong said...

That video is a Hideously Surreal Beauty. Sort of like someone's attempt to film a bad acid trip.

Birdsong said...

$200 for the painting by Carson.

impotence said...

I truly love your blog.. Great colors & theme. Did you build this site yourself? Please reply back as I'm looking to create my own personal website and would love to find out where you got this from or exactly what the theme is called. Appreciate it!

wilf said...

Dave:
The French translation of the cutline in the Erb_Kumpf House photo has the likely date of its building...1812. And even that is arguable. Some historians
place it around 1809, which would make it the oldest residence in Waterloo Region. Take that Kitchener!
Wilf