Monday 14 December 2020

AMOC Remembers Richard Corben

Hi, Everybody!

Mondays:
(Okay, I've been informed that I APPARENTLY missed two Monday Reports. So here are ALL of them [Click for bigger.] -Matt):









And now, part #27:

________________________________

In case you didn't hear, Richard Corben has passed away:
It is with great sorrow and loss that I must share the sad news that Richard Corben died Dec 2, 2020 following heart surgery. He will be missed tremendously by his family, his friends, and his fans.

Richard was very appreciative of the love for his art that was shown by you, his fans. Your support over the decades meant a great deal to him. He tried to repay your support by working diligently on each piece of art going out to you. Although Richard has left us, his work will live on and his memory will live always in our hearts.

I will continue to conduct sales of Richard's art through the Corben Studios website at corbencomicart.com. I will also be managing the ongoing process of publishing his work internationally. Please give me and my family a little time to collect ourselves and we'll get back with you in 2021.

Dona Corben
I own only a few comics with Corben art, Banner, Punisher: The End, and maybe a few others.

But the first thing I ever got of Corben's was this:


Back in the Before Times (1988ish) Young Matt was at the FIRST Local Comicbook Shop, Powerhouse Comics, looking through a box of old magazines, and found Creepy #60. The cover drew him in. So he bought it for a dollar.

The cover story was the color feature. And it was excellent. Check it out:









See, told ya.

"Yeah Matt, but where's the Cerebus connection? Huh, where? This is A Moment of CEREBUS? Where's the Aardvark?"

Funny you should ask, in the Fanzine reviews section is a tie to the little grey bastard:

That's Gene Day's Dark Fantasy. Where a young Dave Sim would have work appear...

Next Time: I don't know yet...

4 comments:

Brian West said...

Yanno, one smartass might gain say me here but I swear that I was going to scroll through the blog to collate all of Dave’s “Monday Report” up to this point and print them out for future reference. Thanks, Matt for beating me to that punch.

Brian West said...

*gainsay, I should have typed.

Jeff said...

1. Brian, a good writer is never afraid to proofread his work.

2. R.I.P. Mr. Corben. The man apparently never met a woman who didn't have double-D breasts and quarter-sized erect nipples. Good on yer, mate.

Brian West said...

Jeff, thank you for the advice, sincerely.