Wednesday 2 December 2020

Is this anything?

Benjamin Hobbs: 

At some point I made this cover for CIH?, that has yet to be used.  (Dave wrote some funny dialogue for it which was posted in an old CEREBUS AND HOBBS column. Maybe some diligent AMOC editor or reader will find it and post the link in the comments.)

 
When it was decided that there was a second printing of Batvark Penis on the way, I started musing that the SEX AARDVARKS cover would be a great alternate cover for BATVARK PENIS 2nd Print.
 
 
Although I suspect doing a variant cover on a book that is part of a series of one-shots that all parody different covers and have different titles would be... confusing.
 
Alternatively, it could be a fun sequel book. Just imagine: BATVARK: SEX CRIMINAL #1! The earliest that would come out is sometime at the end of 2022. Assuming someone jumped on writing it right...NOW!

Have an opinion about the fate of this cover? Leave it in the comments!

Next Week: The last of the SPAWN Cover Progressions! OR new Cerebus and Hobbs banner art!
 

15 comments:

Brian West said...

Apparently there’s going to be a DC Comic that will show Dick Grayson’s penis. So, that might be ripe for parodying in a potential BATVARK PENIS #1 sequel. Link: https://www.cbr.com/nightwing-nicola-scott-shares-a-nearly-nsfw-dick-grayson-image/

My vote would be BATVARK: NIGHTWANG #1

Michael R. said...

How about Barvark: DeDICKtive Comics or DeDICKtive Cerebus. Sometimes you just need a cover that has some balls. LOL.

Birdsong said...

When we discussed this in email this past weekend I learned it is to be call Nightwing: Future State. My suggestion is Batvark: Flaccid State.

RSS said...

Ralph "cheap and easy" S
Parody, parody, parody...
Grayson's penis...
What's wrong with Bear's penis?
He's got something to hide?
Bear's on my 3d sketch list
(alas, ungulate simply doesn't motivate)
Maybe we'll see...

Ralph "cheap and easy" S said...

Speaking of 3d (a breeze)
When's Dave gonna get hip to one of a kind minis (3d print)
Or at least very limited run minis
That's where the real cash is, non?
#justathought

Anonymous said...

Pathetic.

Brian West said...

Here’s another idea for a title BATVARK IN FLAGRANTE DELICTO.

Maybe Batvark can still be wearing David’s Penis in the sequel, but this time around his hard-on is engulfed in flames?

NO! This is Cerebus in Hell? Nobody gets off that easy. Batvark is in flagrante because his marbled penis is actually infected, with him uncontrollably shooting flames thru his urethra each time he is caught red handed by Dante and Virgil.

To humor Ralph, slow and easy, there can be a frame story around the borders of the issue with Cerebus The Third and a descendant of Bear playing Minecraft bootlegs while sharing memories of Boobah.

Brian West said...

One more idea, concomitant with the above ideas: Maybe add flat, orange forms around the FRONT COVER, to appear like flames coming out of BATVARK's marbled penis. The warm tones of the "flames" could bring more focus to the black outline of the "penis" shape in the Batvark figure.

RSS said...

Er, I thought #bait? ;)

Brian West said...

Ahhh, I think I take your meaning there, Ralph “cheap and easy.” A Big Game hunter I am not. Shame too. I have often portrayed the guide who led the Bear hunt for Teddy Rosevelt from which the Origin of the Teddy Bear derives. So I should have been onto your bait, unless you’re meaning a different type of hint and/or “Bear”?

Brian West said...

Not “hint,” I meant hunt.

Ralph S said...

@Anonymous
Er, I thought #bait? ;)

Brian West said...

I will take the Admiral Ackbar defense on that one. ;)

Tony Dunlop said...

Wait, Brian; do you have the Secret Decoder Ring, to decipher Ralph's posts? What kind of cereal has those...?

Brian West said...

Hi, Tony! I don’t think I have what Ralph “cheap and easy” has shared here down pat yet. So, I am gonna keep eating my Wheaties.