Monday 4 January 2021

A SDOAR XMAS!

Hi, Everybody!

The All New, All Different Rigamarole:
_______________________________
I heard from the Waverly Press:
Happy new year backers!

There isn't much news since the last update. Nearly everything has been produced except for the books which are currently in production. From here it still looks like we are on schedule to receive the Spawn 10 books at the end of the month. It is possible that the pandemic may slow down delivery but so far there is no sign of that happening. We will keep you posted with any updates as we have them.

In the meantime, feel free to visit our website where we have a very limited number of Cerebus related items available. https://www.cerebusoverload.com

Thanks again!
_______________________________
Heritage has some interesting "Dave Sim" bits
_______________________________
Your store will be on sale:
Jan 13 – 16
Jan 27 – 29
Tell your fans! Remind them that everything will be up to 35% off! That means $13 tees, $20 phone cases, $30 hoodies, and way more.
________________________________
Anyway, I'm selling something on the eBays. A big bundle of "rare" Cerebus in Hell? comics, including a copy of Vark Wars and Vark Wars: Walt's Empire Strikes Back that I took with me on vacation so they've been to Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge.
________________________________
________________________________

Dave Sim is calling me on Thursday, so get your questions in to momentofcerebus@gmail.com and I'll get them to Dave.

Speaking of Dave, Mondays:
________________________________

And Eddie Khanna sent me:
Back in September, Michael P, one of the SODAR FE purchasers (who had been VERY eagerly waiting to read it), had his copy ‘intercepted’ by his mom before he could open it, who wanted it to be his big Xmas present for the year. I told him that that if he wanted, I would send him another copy (unsigned and non-personalized) so he wouldn’t have to wait. Dave said that if he humoured her and waited until Xmas to read it, he’d send him a SDOAR Tracing Paper Page. Michael chose the tracing paper option, and here are the pics of him opening SDOAR on Xmas and the comments he sent after the big wait:
A Very Merry Christmas!!!



Hours later... Revealed!! And prominently displayed....
and look! My Mom even got a present, too!!! :)


Thank you guys so much!!
My Mom got to give me the BEST Gift of our Christmas day!
Happy Merry Happy.
I can not WAIT to read it!!
AT LAST!!

And-- of course -- I must admit ..
Looking very much forward to whatever tracing paper you and Dave send me!
And thank Dave and thank You again for the greatly anticipated tracing paper!
An amazing and overly generous gift.
Thank you.
.....And NO, I will NOT be waiting 4 months till my Birthday to open THAT package! ;)

A Very Merry Christmas to You and Dave and Everybody in the Cerebus/SDOAR Canadian League!

With all Respect and Gratitude..
May you have Peace, Heath, & Sweet Content...
Michael
Thanks Eddie! (And thanks Michael!)

Next Time: Speaking of SDOAR...

19 comments:

MichaelVP said...

Huzzah!! A Very Merry Christmas!!!

Larry Wooten said...

Warms your heart to see both the generosity and the excitement.
God bless us, everyone!

Brian West said...

Hey, Matt, I tried opening the link to the Heritage Auction stuff, but was led to the generic blogspot link instead.

Jeff said...

Ditto to what Brian said.

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

Fixed it.
Manly

Brian West said...

Thank you!

Jeff said...

First question for Dave for this month: Dave, you wrote, in FC #6, that "aardvarks ... were a dramatically rare occurance. Of course, much later on, I realized that this had much in common with prophethood, which likewise occurred spontaneously ... and which I see as being a core element of God's overall plan: That the actual nature of individual beings is decided by God alone, that each soul is individual."

So, was Cerebus' life and adventures and misadventures a case of free will or was it God's or Tarim's or your plan?

Dave Kopperman said...

So I'm now very, very much confused. IS the 'cerebus downloads' site in any way affiliated with Waverly? And will the Regency Edition be posted for sale ONLY at cd, or will it be sold through the Waverly books site, or both?

I'm unclear why this is always such a byzantine process...

JLH said...

CerebusDownloads is not the same as CerebusOverload. CerebusDownloads is Dave affiliated directly where they sell digital copies of the phonebooks. CerebusOverload is Waverly Press solely (they seem to have purged all mention of Cerebus from Waverly's main site, so this site seems to be Waverly's only Cerebus site now). The High Society edition will be, as far as I know, only from CerebusOverload. Maybe they'll do a Kickstarter for it too. I really don't have a clue. I just know they've only promoted it as being on their site and now that site is CerebusOverload.

Dave Kopperman said...

Good Lord. I'd totally NEVER NOTICED that the new site was 'Overload' and not 'Downloads'. Thanks for the clarification and shame on me for poor reading skills - though I'd again say that the process for buying any Sim stuff now seems to have a default setting of 'unclear'.

Fumerkeys said...

Any chance you know if the color Spawn 10 Halloween edition offered on cerebus overload is different than the color 2nd offer one from the last day of the kickstarter? Are the two color versions of different from each other or one in the same? I know you love hearing about the Halloween edition again ;)

Fumerkeys said...

So The AMOC Halloween Spawn 10 is in color and not black and white? And the original Kickstarter Halloween Spawn 10 is BW, with the 2nd offer being in alternate color? I'm not sure if the color version right now on overload is different than the two color versions offered before or not. Can you help me out with this?

Anonymous said...

There is an AV version sold by Dave - Spawn 10 Halloween Edition

There is a Waverly Press version - Spawn 10 Grandma Edition with different cover lettering. You can also get a platinum version of this one, both available at CerebusOverload.com

The interior of all versions are the same - Spawn 10 with Dave's new Cerebus figures. All in black and white. Keep in mind that Dave had his version printed himself and sent it to buyers himself. His version has AV - WP in the upper left corner of the cover. Waverly Press copies have WP - AV in the upper left corner of the cover. Copyright information on the inside front cover may vary. It's the same comic with different covers.

Jeff said...

Okay, now *I'm* confused. I went to CerebusOverlords.com/WobblyPress (I kid; you know whereof I write) and clicked on the click bait for The Regency Edition and that site informed me that it is "sold out" *and* " coming soon". Are both true, or which is it? And if it is both, why was not a less exclusive announcement of its sale offered? As in, here? As I recall (IIRC), all I ever saw here was "Coming Soon".

Margaret said...

Jeff - the Regency Edition hasn't been offered for sale yet. Don't worry, when it goes up for sale, I'm sure it'll be here at AMoC and on the FB group as well. Probably a few tweets about it also.

Jeff said...

Thank you, M. Please let me know asap when it becomes available. I have already offered Dave twice face value for a copy from him, but that's a pipe dream.

Dave Kopperman said...

Jeff - yeah, that dichotomy in order status concerned me, too, though I recall it being addressed previously in the comments (probably by Margaret). It's all part of the fly-by-night pop-up-booth vibe in the current Dave Sim/Cerebus retailing experience; overly complicated and lacking any oversight. Is there even a mailing list someone can join to get a notification when it's going to be released?

I will be SERIOUSLY bummed if I miss an opportunity to order the Regency Edition. I've wanted a hardcover/archival paper Cerebus collection since I was 16 (I just turned 50, so...). It's 90% of the reason I come to AMOC every day, sometimes twice a day - my fear is the sale will be announced and copies will sell out in a speed that would rival tickets to a Beatles reunion concert. It'll go from announced to sold out in an hour.

Jeff said...

Yeah, Dave, I may triple my offer to Sim. Quadruple? Mmm. There are limits.

I was 20 years old when I started buying "Cerebus" monthly and (except for a brief stint during which I foolishly thought that whole columns of prose in a comic book was stupid ["Jaka's Story"]), I bought each issue faithfully, monthly. I need only issues 1, 2, 3, 14, and 114 for a full run. Missing only two phone books, I think. The later phone books are getting expensive online. Oh, to be Mags or Nate or Tunny-Bunny. I do have a nice little assortment of one-of-ones from Dave, though.

But, a hardcover HS? Worth every penny.

Anonymous said...

Dave's mental decline becomes more pronounced with every one of these biblical new Bible chapters he invents. His logic has never been strong, but now he often simply makes stuff up out of his head. Sad for some; funny for others.

-- Damian