Tuesday 6 April 2021

New Dave Sim Art! (Well, new to you...)

Hi, Everybody!


Up to 35% off site-wide:
April 7 – 8
April 14 – 16
April 22 – 24
Up to 30% off site-wide:
April 28 – 29
Tell your fans! Remind them that everything will be up to 35% off -- that means $13 tees, $20 phone cases, $30 hoodies, and way more!
_________________________________________________________________________

Okay, with that out of the way time for...(what did I say was next yesterday? "Either a Please Hold transcript, or six pages from a phonebook..." No. I don't wanna. I'm not feeling "transcript-y" and I'm not posting High Society pages in solidarity with the folks waiting for their Regency Editions. I feel ya Brothers and Sisters...)

So, Dave sends me stuff. (And sometimes I steal other stuff.) 

We last saw into the August 13th, 2020 folder... yesterday when I posted this:
Click for bigger

Well, also in that Folder was this "outtake" from Melmoth:
Click for bigger

I believe this was printed in the book at one point. I first thought the Dinosaur was Bissette, but now I think it's a Gerhard.

Also in the folder was this piece of "Fan" art from Gene Day:
Click. Big. Er.

"Haven't we seen this before? And where's the NEW Dave Sim Art you teased in the title? It says it right up there: "New Dave Sim Art! (Well, new to you...)" Where is it, Dow? Where? WHERE?!?"

Right here. Calm the @#$% down... (Clicky 4 Biggerings):


Neat right?!?

"I guess... Not really the "New Dave Sim Art!" I was expecting. It's just a couple of tracings..."

I know, but Dave used it to make this:

Which is the "coloured" version of this:

I don't know why it says "ZIONISTS OPPOSED TO DOMESTIC FARM SUBSIDIES" in the upper corner...

Which I guess goes to these mocked up pages:


No idea what this was for, and there isn't another page of script.

But ain't it neat-ish?

Next Time: Hobbs shows off some of the stuff Dave sent HIM eight months ago...





5 comments:

Brian West said...

Who would have been Charles Foster Vark’s Jim W. Gettys in this scenario?

Dion said...

Julius W. Goat?.... we haven’t been able to get a statement from him though.

Tony Dunlop said...

I think it was "Baaaa." (Pedantry alert: Goats don't really say that; sheep do.)

Brian West said...

Works for me, Dion.

Anonymous said...

That's a fun "outtake." Was it ever in a collected volume? I love the dinosaur, that's Gerhard right?

Thanks for sharing this.

cheers,

A Fake Name