Friday 9 April 2021

"Tales From The Wedding Present Vol. 1" HC (Dave's Weekly Update #386​)

Hi, Everybody!

Dave's Weekly Update:


Spawn #10:
I heard from the nice folks over at the Waverly Press (well, I like 'em...), and they say that all the Spawn #10 Kickstarter AND Indiegogo packages should have gotten into the mail by today.
IF you received your books, and they were damaged in shipping OR if there was an error with the contents, you should email the Waverly Press at: thewaverlypress@gmail.com and include photos of what's wrong if you can. They PROMISE to replace any damaged or missing books.

And...well, and...

Oh boy.

There's another variant cover.
It's not my fault, I swear!

Um...it's a 3-D lenticular cover:

There were supposed to be 200-250 of these at an affordable price.
In the end, they ended up with 50 copies in NM condition, each individually numbered. (The rest are flawed and unlovable...)
And, that affordable thing went RIGHT out the window...
Right. Out.
If'n you got more money than brai...um, "than you know what to do with", they're available on cerebusoverloads.com for... $395.
OH CRAP!

Uh, HIGH SOCIETY: REGENCY EDITION:
Um...they got "moired" when I resized the image. They look much better than this.

The lab in California just finished printing the limited edition prints for the deluxe packages and the book itself is almost finished.

So, it's a-comin' it's a-comin'...


Up to 35% off site-wide:
April 7 – 8
April 14 – 16
April 22 – 24
Up to 30% off site-wide:
April 28 – 29
Tell your fans! Remind them that everything will be up to 35% off -- that means $13 tees, $20 phone cases, $30 hoodies, and way more!

Next Time: I got faxes, and other neat stuff...

6 comments:

Lee Thacker said...

Thanks to Dave for promoting the Tales From The Wedding Present book. The book and most of the comics are available here: https://merchandise.scopitones.co.uk/product-category/the-wedding-present/books-comics/
I also have some limited edition signed prints for sale here on the 'merch' page: https://rawshark.bandcamp.com/merch
Cheers!

Anonymous said...

How they will replace the damaged ones if they run out ("we'll just print off a couple more sheets it's easy").

Actually my trust for Waverly Press is dropping pretty quick. Selling these as super limited but talking in advance about missing and damaged books in an order (only have a few hundred orders, should be absolutely nothing missing no discussion). Saying a print is limited to one day when it is available again later (go buy your Halloween variants now). Saying that's the last ones for the set then bringing out more for Indiegogo which were meant to be the last again, and now another 6 before most people have received their shipments, but only for those with real jobs and/or no kids (because $$$$).

I don't see how demand dictated the $100 price point for the new ones and now a $400 price, looks like nothing but a profit target per cover sheet.

I skipped the Regency Edition as it wasn't oversized so not enough value for the price.

Ah well. I guess I'll probably be back for more anyway.

Bill Ritter said...

Gripe warning. I've spent a decent amount of money on the Waverly releases in effort to get a complete set for #1 and Spawn 10. Not to forget the Regency edition. The distressed covers annoyed me...but now this 3D cover...I'm considered my (nonsensical) completist goal wasted time and money.

The effect of this lenticolor thing is I'm done with everything Waverly Press related. No more participation in the kickstarters, no more checking out Cerebusoverloads.

I'll support Dave directly via Patreon and the archive KS, but this $395 unannounced cover has driven me from having anything to do with Waverly efforts. I hate doing this because I got sense these Waverly things did contribute to Dave. Regardless, I find the business practice of Waverly more than a bit sleazy and opportunistic. They've lost a customer and supporter with this latest BS.

Jeff said...

Anon and Bill, right there with you. $395 for comic book reprint (I don't care how limited or "limited") is ridiculous.

Tony Dunlop said...

Well, you all know I don't get it. I've got my Spawn #10; same one I've had since it first came out. It's sill readable, so why I'd want another one is beyond me.

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

Tony,

New Cerebus art by Dave.

B/W Violator in a billion dollar dress.

Matt