Thursday 7 October 2021

Dave's *maybe* doing a Super limited printing of Cerebus Volume 1 with a NEW cover!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 Hi, Everybody!

Yeah, I know...

"You DON'T post on Thursdays!!!!"

But Dave sent me something last night, and I didn't see it until this morning when i was at work, and then Dave sent me something else, and the somethings are a whatchacall "Emerging Story" so I's gots to post.

Dave Sim (he says "Hi" by the way...):
A NEW cover on a NEW Limited Printing of Cerebus Volume 1!!!!!!!!
Bestill Nate Oberstein's heart...
Margaret's too!

Now, I got this fax this morning. Hand to God. Swear on your mother's grave. Yadda Yadda Yadda.

(Now you see why I'm stepping on Margaret's thunder?

Anyways, So Dave sent the cover In Exsecutione:
That's Latin for "In Progress"...
He also sent:
I call this one "Peekaboo!"

And this:

The first thing I thought of was Marty from Guys.

Well, specifically Cerebus "doing" Marty:

I mean, tell me that ain't Marty:

Okay, now I have to take out the trash and pick up the kid from Girl Scouts, and edit down the hour and forty minute files into the October Please Hold For Dave Sim...

Hey look(!) Mags has got bits of High Society that hit the cutting room floor:

6 comments:

Larry Wooten said...

Yeah. I will be needing info on how to order one of them there new covers when the time comes.

Dion said...

Groovy - Might even be great for a hardcover edition?!? Just sayin’
Put me down as wanting a copy.

Anonymous said...

Shit..I'm in that cover is epic.

Dan Eckhart said...

I no longer have Volume I (just Swords), so I'm interested in getting the new cover as well. It would be FANTASTIC if Dave would also write a new introduction essay. I really love his analysis. Perhaps expanding on his comment that he has no idea how to draw in that style anymore.

Dan Eckhart said...

I no longer have Volume 1 anymore (just Swords), so I'm interested in a new printing with a new cover. Perhaps Dave could also include a new introductory essay? Maybe expand on his comment that he has no idea how to draw in that style anymore. I just love Dave's essays. The write-up for CAN1 was fascinating.

Steve said...


For me, this will be something I'll pass on.

Chalk it up to Kickerstarter exhaustion, to limited this and exclusive that burnout.

Had not all that Cerebus #1 / Spawn #10 / Cerebus #2 stuff come out in the past year I'd be keenly interested, but now...meh.

That said, as a show of support when/if this happens, if there's a way to donate to the receiving charity, I'll contribute.

Steve