Tuesday 19 October 2021

Hey, I correct some misinformation that AMOC inadvertently spread.

Hi, Everybody!

Before I get into anything, lemme do an Aardvark Round-up:

Cerebus in Hell?:
And Hobbs' Kickstarter WHICH IS AT ELEVEN AND A HALF THOUSAND DOLLARS! In LESS than a week?!? You people are terrifyingly amazing...
Speaking of the Kickstarters:
New Dave Sim Art Alert (#1): Friend to the Blog, Gary Boyarski, is Kickstartering his next issue of Jack Grimm: Harbinger of Death. He's got a New Dave Sim cover. And there's a cover with a background and colouring by Gerhard. (There's a story there. Buy me a drink on a cold night, and I'll tell you all about it...)

And he and Carson have a Patreon.
No new updates on the Strange Death of Alex Raymond, but Sean and Carson's YouTube Channel has quite a number of videos. The new one has them talking to NFN Kalyan again.

Up to 35% off site-wide:
October 27 – 31
Tell your fans! Remind them that everything will be up to 35% off -- that means $13 tees, $20 phone cases, $30 hoodies, and way more!
I give all the money to Dave, which I really need to do again...

Heritage, has a couple of Dave's Cerebus #2 covers. And some High Society: Regency Editions. And soon, it'll have two of Dave's Aardvark Short Sword and Flames covers.

Speaking of which, I asked Dave about the pricing, and he responded:
"(I SOLD MORE THIS WEEK'S LAST WEEK THAN I DID LAST WEEK'S LAST WEEK)" Ha!

Okay, so three of the five from LAST week are still available, and then two from this week (pics on Thursday...)

That "Also, was this 100% your art, or did Paul Smith do some of it?" was about a tweet Oliver shared on Sunday. I responded, that the art was Dave's. They fund a site that credits both Dave and Paul Smith.

But look at it:
Colossus and Cyclops are Elrod:
See, AMOC is sorta to blame. (TIM'S FAULT! (um...I fixed it. Tim had Paul Smith listed.).) Here's Dave's notes. And the contract Dave didn't sign.

Okay, that's a Moment...

Next Time: Hobbs rubs it in that his Kickstarter is a success...

3 comments:

john g. said...

Whoa! An actual typewritten Cerebus-X-Men proposal from 1984 signed by Jim Shooter?!? I’ve seen Dave discuss the doomed project in the back of Cerebus issues, but I’ve never seen documentary proof before. Where did you get that? Did Dave publish that somewhere at some point and I missed it? Gold star! Extra credit!

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

John,

It's a "Tim post", so I think Dave sent the image to him.

I honestly have no idea.

Manly Matt Dow

Anonymous said...

Sorry about that.
Tim W.