Saturday 9 October 2021

Please Hold For Dave Sim: 10/2021

Hi, Everybody!

It's the first Saturday after the first Thursday of the month.

Which means, IT'S Please Hold For Dave Sim TIME:

Don't worry, I KNOW I'm going to Hell for this...

First up, for you Audiophiles:

And if you want something visual, (that's not too abysmal):
Part one:
The app crashed. Twice. I've summarized what got cut out as best as I remember it.

But if you want a new one of these:
Image courtesy of Mags.

Sound off. If you don't tell us, we don't know.

(And I sort of explained what Dave said about me storing the extra 800 to my wife, and she DIDN'T say "no"... So if we order a thousand, I guess I'm the clearinghouse...)


And then in Part two, we begin:
I'ma miss you Shecky... (I honestly don't know what epitaph Jeff would have wanted, but I think I was close.)

Part three:
Michael R. (he of Easton, Pennsylvania fame) asked:
Hi Matt!
Hope all is well with you and yours. Here's my question for Dave.
Michael

Hi Dave!
I'm back. It's been a busy summer at work and Grace and I are getting A LOT of stuff done at home. While I was winding down last week I decided to rewatch the Cerebus: High Society - Audio/Visual "issues".

I am amazed and in awe with the work and effort that was made to get this done. From ALL your voices, the special effect backgrounds sounds and music make this over the top in production value REALLY good.

My questions are:
1- Was there any feedback from this Kickstarter? I can't remember.
2- The goal was to raise money to make Cerebus Digital 6000 a reality. What has changed on making this a reality?
3- Any plans on creating another one? …or you going Harpo with your response? HONK! HONK!
Michael
PS--- I heard about the passing of Jeff Seiler on Saturday's AMOC. R.I.P. Jeff. I hardly ever interacted with Jeff. I can't remember a time that Jeff did not come to your defense on AMOC.

1- I'm pretty sure he commented on a comment I made here and there on AMOC. He did so with practically everyone.
2- I did name his penguin, Pepe Lemieux, he had given to you.
3- In one of the CIH?s through on of the kickstarters, I believe, Jeff had pledged to have 4 pages drawn into an issue. I remember correcting a misspelling of a N.Y. Yankee, Graig (not Greg) Nettles. I can't remember the issue and I can't if he misspelled it or you. I'm guessing Jeff.
I, ah, I didn't edit the first answer from the second answer because that's more work than it's worth for me. (Maybe for next time. App willing...(The video editor app crashed three times making this video...).)

Well shit. I's wrong. High Society A/V WASN'T the start of the remastering. (What? At this point, I'm pretty sure the stuff I'm forgetting about Cerebus is starting to rival Dave's... *Sigh*) Mea Culpa. I'm faxing Dave after I post this...

And for the members of Little Orphan Aardvark's Secret Society, here's a copy of her message:
Supposedly they cracked Zodiac's code, but they'll NEVER crack this one...

And as soon as I get everything packaged up and in the mail (Monday. For realz...) you'll be able to bask *BASK* I say(!) in Little Orphan Aardvark's wisdom...

Okay, that's an hour or two of your rapidly diminishing life that your not gonna get back...

Thanks for watching/listening!

Next Time:

Uh... I mean: Oliver and Cerebus around the world and web #101...

4 comments:

Dion said...

If available I’d probably grab three of the stuffed toys, modify one for a PM version, one as Pope and one for plain vanilla…… that or I pose them like the three monkeys for a while.

Dave Kopperman said...

Somehow, the more I learn about Jeff, the more of an enigma he becomes. It almost feels like he lived his life so that he could become written into legend as a bar story. No fixed address, very few possessions, self-proclaimed (and perhaps also really) expertise in many fields, early retirement (and I seem to recall him saying he was on disability)? What did he retire FROM?

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

Dave,

Jeff held a number of occupations. Substitute teacher, sports reporter, and others.

Manly

Jen said...

I'll go with the Dion Special as well. A barbarian, a prime minister and a pope walk into a bar. Which is odd, because you'd think the other two would have seen it.