Thursday 13 December 2012

Please Donate To The Dave Sim Fund!


DAVE SIM:
(from the Kickstater Update #132, 13 December 2012)
We have had a LOT of success with the $1, $5 and $10 donation buttons for the DAVE SIM FUND at CerebusDownloads.com, so MANY thanks to everyone who has contributed -- some already multiple times! -- since this is now a core part of Paradigm Three (or is it Paradigm Four?) which is: doing 4 covers for IDW a month (which took 8 days in November and 7 days in December) and then devoting the rest of my time to THE STRANGE DEATH OF ALEX RAYMOND... So far, it's working structurally: enough money coming in so -- SO FAR -- I don't have to spend any percentage of my time trying to figure out how to make money so I can keep working...

This is my first non-fasting day after finishing this month's four covers (DR.WHO #11 -- which was supposed to be #5 except I made a major mistake D'OH!, JUDGE DREDD #2, STAR TREK #? and SOON-TO-BE-ANNOUNCED #2) (it's not actually called that, it just hasn't been announced yet, a four-issue mini-series, written by IDW editor-in-chief Chris Ryall and drawn by Drew Moss -- I'm doing all four covers, God willing), so HOPEFULLY that's going to be our pattern for as long as Paradigm Three or Four holds:  I do the IDW covers at the beginning of the month, then start on THE STRANGE DEATH OF ALEX RAYMOND...

Remember! $1, $5 or $10 donation buttons at CerebusDownloads.com. We'll see how long we can keep this going. It really is down to all of you.