Sunday 9 September 2012

Audrey Hepburn

Glamourpuss #13 (May 2010)
Art by Dave Sim
DAVE SIM:
(from the High Society Kickstarter Update #49, 30 June 2012)
Somebody asked somewhere about who I would want to draw if I could have any model in the world. That's an easy one. Audrey Hepburn. Now that I can't justify doing the fashion side anymore, I'm really tempted to do the "girls in downtown Westport" scene coming up in Strange Death of Alex Raymond and making them ALL Audrey Hepburn. If I was still in the "just a lark" stage I was at the beginning of glamourpuss, I'd probably do it. Let's put it this way: Audrey Hepburn will definitely be in there.

1 comment:

Oliver said...

Reminds me of a conversation i had with Dave fairly recently. Found the fax and here's a potion of it. Hopefully Dave won't mind: I like girlie and sentimental. REAL girlie and sentimental. It's one of my life's guilty pleasures rewards to find out everything is on youtube. Rosalind Russell "Rose's Turn" from GYPSY. Natalie Wood doing "Little Lamb" from GYPSY. Debbie Reynolds singing "Tammy's in Love" from Tammy and the Bachelor.
Wow. That's immersion in actual estrogen. Audrey Hepburn "Moon River" from Breakfast at Tiffany's" 'I could Have Danced All Night" from My Fair Lay (with Hepburn's ORIGINAL vocal track -- not the one they dubbed in!). It's nice to know that it's there on youtube when i need to believe that femininity USED to exist and flourish. "Beyond the Sea" production number with Kate Bosworth as Sandra Dee. I just keep going back to the same ones over and over.