Saturday 11 February 2017

Cerebus Tribute Art: Benjamin Hobbs

Ex-AMOC contributor and noted free-speech advocate Jeff Seiler generously offered to donate two Cerebus Archive Number Six portfolios to two former CAN Portfolio purchasers who -- for whatever reason -- couldn't afford to get one this time around. Benjamin Hobbs secured his copy of CAN6 by sending Jeff the following tribute art:

Hey Tim,
Here's the scans of the images I sent Jeff Seiler as part of his CAN6 give away contest. His Feb 7th comment on the Monday 30th post goes into more detail about them. They are india ink on Bristol board, based off of images from Melmoth. 
Benjamin


8 comments:

Jeff Seiler said...

Lucky me! Gorgeous pieces, and one-of-ones, signed by the artist. They measure 4 1/8" X 5 1/8" and are fully inked, on heavy cardstock.

Thank you, Benjamin!




Jeff Seiler said...

Oh, and, they are signed:

After Sim & Gerhard
BH 020217

Anonymous said...

You're Welcome Jeff!
-Benjamin Hobbs

Unknown said...

Nice job, Benjamin!! Loved the "No! You didn't buy CAN5" gag.

Damian T. Lloyd, Esq. said...

This is the same "noted free-speech advocate" who tried to have me banned from this blog for saying stuff he didn't like?

-- Damian

Travis Pelkie said...

Psst...I think that was supposed to be ironic, Damian!

Damian T. Lloyd, Esq. said...

Travis P.: Upon reflection, I think you're right and I was being overly touchy. Sometimes even I recognize that I've gone too far or missed the point. I can only say that I've just returned to town after a bit of a harrowing trip, and was excessively touchy and somewhat humour-deprived. I apologize to Tim W., Jeff S., and the AMOC readership, and I'll try not to do it again. Sorry.

-- Damian

Anonymous said...

Dave,
Thanks!
Glad you liked the gag!
-Benjamin Hobbs