Tuesday 12 June 2018

Not Reading Cerebus, I'll tell you that much...

Hi, Everybody!

So Kevin didn't get his column done. Which means he's in trouble with the super-hero community.

And I gotta fill a slot.

Let's go!

First:
Comiclink!

STUDIO COMIX PRESS T-SHIRT PROTOTYPE

SWOON AND SNUFF SANDMAN PARODY DRAWING

SWOON SANDMAN PARODY DRAWING

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES THE ULTIMATE COLLECTION VOL. 2 (SIGNED DAVE SIM CONTRIBUTOR COPY) #NO NUMBER, 9.4 NM

CEREBUS VOLUME 10 MINDS REMASTERED EDITION #NO NUMBER, 9.4 NM

And if you're looking for Dave's Stuff, search for "Cerebus Archive.

Second:
Look at this:
Cleverly stolen from Oliver Simonsen over at the Cerebus Facebook Group 
Third:
Yesterday was my birthday. I bought myself Cerebus stuff, but it hasn't arrived yet. 

Fourth:
Nuh-uh. I "momented" about "Cerebus". I'm done. Come back tomorrow and see if Ben Hobbes can "moment" about "Cerebus...

Next Time: Benjamin Hobbes—physician, scientist...searching for a way to tap into the hidden strengths that all humans have. Then an accidental overdose of gamma radiation alters his body chemistry. And now, when Benjamin Hobbes grows angry or outraged, a startling metamorphosis occurs. The creature is driven by rage and pursued by an investigative reporter. The creature is wanted for a murder he didn't commit. Benjamin Hobbes is believed to be dead. And he must let the world think that he is dead, until he can find a way to control the raging spirit that dwells within him...

4 comments:

Travis Pelkie said...

That's interesting about Brevoort. I don't dislike him, certainly, but he's very much a "company man", so it's intriguing that Cerebus was his jam, if you will.

And happy belated birthday, Matt. Maybe you'll get a belated present from me later this week ;)

Benjamin H said...

Happy belated birthday Matt! Hope you enjoyed it!

Benjamin

Tony Dunlop said...

No doubt Cerebus was my favorite comic in the 80s, but the real competition would've been for #2. My best recollection is that it would've been between Love and Rockets and Weirdo. But Journey would have been in the running, had it lasted a little longer. (I just finished re-reading my complete run of Journey. What a masterpiece it was.)

Eddie said...

Happy belated birthday Matt!