Saturday 22 February 2020

*MAR201422-Vark Wars 2* Hey, look at that FOUR new printings of HIGH SOCIETY! (sorta.) *MAR201422-Vark Wars 2*

Hi, Everybody!

Green Dante/Green Virgil! Final order cut-off is this week, so get your orders in. Or don't. What am I, your mother?

Vark Wars: Walt's Empire Strikes Back! Buy two, I got kids to feed. Or don't. What am I, your father?
Click for big. (again)
_______________________________________________________________

Let's see, thanks to Superman's Frenemy, David Birdsong, I got my Cerebus campaign buttons:
It's good to be the king...
What else is happening?

According to the A Moment of Cerebus Twitter, the Strange Death of Alex Raymond is coming from IDW in 2021.

And this happened:
So, re-reading High Society for when I post it here six pages at a time, I noticed a little detail that stuck out to me.

Namely, these panels:
"Yeah Matt, so?" you say.

Well, it kinda stuck out at me that there's nothing on the crowns Fleagle is snatching.

But there is in other parts of High Society:
Unless Cerebus is counting the blank sides...
Well, yer ol' Interim Editor has a large collection ("IT IS NOT A HORDE WOMAN! I AM NOT A HOARDER"-Me, to my wife) of esoteric crap.

Including, reproductions of Confederate currency:

 

See, no backs.
Which has this on the envelope:
This becomes important a little further down...

So, having Dave's fax number, I sent up a fax. Saying (in part):
Page 40. Note the lack of a printed back (I actually have an explanation for that….)
I got a reply:

Well, anyone who has ever seen the AWESOMELY REMASTERED EDITIONS from Your Pal and Mine, Sean Michael Robinson.

Speaking of which, over at the Previews, they have four versions of High Society available:
Regular.
It's the TWELFTH printing during the ELEVENTH presidential election, THAT won't get confusing...

HEY WAIT A MINUTE! "clip out the button design and wear it proudly"? You're killing Birdsong Dave, KILLING him...

"Blue State"

"Red State"

And "Vote Cerebus"
Don't clip out the button design. Wait for Birdsong to sell the next round of them. (And I bet you a hundred crowns he'll have more than the one design...)
So, if you want the TWELFTH printing of High Society, that has twelve more pages remastered from original art since the last printing, and all the other neat new features listed up there, ALL FOUR versions have that. Then there are three versions with plates signed by Dave. (Red. Blue. And Vote Cerebus.)

Come November, (I'm assuming around election day.) I'll be posting which version sold the most and declare it the winner. (What happens then I have no idea, nobody tells me nothing...)

So, contact your retailer, and let them know which (slightly) sexier version of High Society you want. (And while this may seem like a ridiculous publicity stunt, (it is.) Diamond is OUT OF STOCK on High Society, so they need to reorder irregardless of the stunt. So, "Yay!" that High Society is still a seller.)

Oh, and here's my explanation for the crowns on page 40:

So, ya know, I got THAT going for me...

Next Time: Oliver in Hell? (I say yes, Tweeter is my version of Hell...)

3 comments:

Birdsong said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brian West said...

One button for each month?! Woozers!

Birdsong said...
This comment has been removed by the author.