Thursday 5 July 2018

A Deal

MARGARET LISS:
A few years ago I scanned all of Dave Sim's notebooks. He had filled 36 notebooks during the years he created the monthly Cerebus series, covering issues #20 to 300, plus the other side items -- like the Epic stories, posters and prints, convention speeches etc. A total of 3,281 notebook pages detailing his creative process. I never really got the time to study the notebooks when I had them. Just did a quick look, scanned them in and sent them back to Dave as soon as possible. So this regular column is a chance for me to look through those scans and highlight some of the more interesting pages.

So instead of Dave Sim's thirteen notebook for the umpteen week in a row, we'll be looking at some pages from Dave's nineteenth notebook. Notebook #19 covers Cerebus #141 through 149 and we last saw it in September of 2017's Melmoth Thumbnails Part 2.

This time, it is all Dino. There are three pages all in a row with Dino sketches:

Notebook 19, page 5

Notebook 19, page 7

Notebook 19, page 9
And those sketches are very close to the character on the finished pages in Cerebus #141 pages two and three (or Melmoth pages 50 and 51 if you're following along in the phonebook):

Dino examines the gold coin



1 comment:

Tim P said...

I hope Dave publishes his notebooks one day in printed form; it's always amazing to look at the behind the scenes stuff.

Ok, hopefully this is the last of these messages below (sorry if they're irritating - I figure people collect or might be interested to look at them); I'm trying to get rid of everything fast. :(

Hi,

Everyone's enthusiasm for my listings has been fantastic.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/tkp1978j

Just wanted to let you know that I've:

1. listed a lot more this week / today
2. REDUCED many prices

The only things to still be listed are:

1. all the Cerebus graphic novels, many of which are signed and / or remastered - they'll be on tonight UK time circa 9pm.
2. signed Cerebus Zero comics (normal and gold)
3. Cerebus Archive portfolio 1

I will combine shipping.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks

Tim