Wednesday 25 September 2024

New CIH? Covers 2024 Part 2!

Benjamin Hobbs:

David Birdsong sent over the start of a cover: LIFE WITH VARKIE.  It's a parody of of LIFE WITH ARCHIE. 

He writes, "This is made with Dave in mind, as in he draws the figures, but I think it could be done with Cerebus Batvark Girl and WOB.  It has the usual not-quite-fitness of the Golden Age to Modern Age size conversion.  The original may actually be too old to parody."

At one point I drew a different version of this Archie parody cover. Mine featured Batvark Girl, the Unbeddable Vark, Super Cerebus Girl and Super Cerebus.  I'm not sure why Super Cerebus Girl is looking at Super Cerebus, since he has a crush on her, and she should be oblivious of him. This was drawn several years ago, but I think I could draw a better version now, having figured out how to use a brush to ink. (This was all nib.)

Next Week: Another in progress piece of CIH?!

No comments: