Wednesday 20 June 2018

De-toning Cerebus


Benjamin Hobbs:

Have you placed your order for NICK CALM, AGENT OF C.O.D.P.I.E.C.E yet?  If not, do so today! No excuses!  It's Wednesday, so I KNOW you'll be at your LCS.



Last Friday, Sean Michael Robinson posted a request for help removing Cerebus' tone in HIGH SOCIETY.  I figured I'd try my hand at a couple of pages.  It was a bit of a challenge. To remove the tone with any accuracy, I had to be zoomed in fairly close on the image. The image became SOOOO large on the screen, it was difficult to tell which dark areas were tone and which were ink lines. 

In this image, Cerebus has tone.  Lots of tiny little bits of tone.

In this image, the tone has magically disappeared, turning Cerebus into "Cerebus the Albino".

It seemed like big areas of tone should be easier to remove in this image than the relatively tiny areas in the first example, but that wasn't really the case.  All the tiny crosshatch lines made it tricky to mask around.


I'm sure everyone is just DYING to see what this image would look like with just the white out.  So here it is:
My computer is the most expensive bottle of white out I've ever purchased.  

Next Week: It's the last Wednesday of the month! Don't walk, RUN to your LCS to pick up THE UN-BEDABLE VARK #1!

No comments: