Saturday 4 April 2020

The Please Hold For Dave Sim for April 2020

Hi Everybody!

Welp, it's that time of the month...

No, Jeff, not THAT time. (Prevert.)

Time to hold for Dave Sim!

We talked for over two hours, which I have broken up into eleven videos. I'll update this as they upload (it usually takes a couple of hours per video).

And any videos I don't get to today will get posted Monday (and possibly Tuesday, this takes longer every time...)

Okay, part one starts mid conversation as Dave talks with my wife Paula. She's a nurse and they're discussing the COVID-19 situation. (I was buck nekkid when Dave called, as I had just stepped out of the shower, and wanted to get pants on before I talked to Dave. (It's this funny rule I have.) And then I was waiting for a natural pause to say I was on the phone. And then I decided that their conversation was too interesting to not record. So we start here.

The questions:
Margaret says/asked: “Thank him for the voice mail about the picture for me :)”


Part two: 
Question from Margaret: “So now that Diamond is on . . .hold? What is A-V's plan for distribution of Cerebus in Hell?” (Rick Sharer popped in with: “ web comics, come on Dave you can do it!”)

The third Free Cerebus in Hell? issue is: Super-Cerebus VS COVID-19 (I have a preview, but I'm not posting it. God-willing, you'll see it on Wednesday...)

Green Dante/Green Virgil MIGHT be headed to stores(?).

CAN8 should be getting shipped sooner rather than later.

Next question:
John Glismann asks: Please ask Dave if he’s ever seen Devil’s Tower in Wyoming. It looks just like the tower that delivered Cerebus to the Moon so he could get the bad news from the Judge.

"This means something"


He says: “Last summer my wife and I traveled around the U.S. and visited a place called “Devil’s Tower” in Wyoming. As a Cerebus fan, that tower looked VERY familiar. Apparently it was considered a mystical, holy place by Native Americans back in the day. I’ve never seen any indication throughout the years that Dave has seen this place- just wondering? The first picture is the tower and the second picture is a closeup of the tower’s face of a rock formation that actually looks like a skull (!).”


Part Three:

Questions:
Jesse Lee Herndon asks: Speaking of this week's one, I have a few questions for Dave.
1) In "Latter Days", at one point during his time spent quarantined... err, bound, Cerebus thinks the word of Rick he's supposed to give the Three Wise Fellows is "Mungu Mkono", but he can't recall how to say it. Was "Mungu Mkono" the actual "word of Rick" Cerebus was supposed to answer them with, and if so, would the outcome of the situation have been any different if he'd done so?

2) I just heard that back in 2015 a previously "lost" F Scott Fitzgerald short story, entitled "Temperature", was discovered and published. Has anyone sent that to you, or did your interest in the subject of F Scott end entirely once the research into him in "Going Home" ended?


Part Four:
Questions:
Jesse Lee Herndon asks: 3) Have you heard from Bob Burden recently? On his Facebook this week, he revealed he was very sick for the past month with pneumonia and ended up quarantined! He's better now, thankfully.

[Flaming Cerebus has been sent, Bob's response was: cool  you should have had me  write or  help write it  lol  bb  -Matt]

Seiler wants to know: My questions for Dave this month: 1: Who? 2: What? 3: When? 4: Where? and
5: Why? Sorry, the former journalist in me couldn't resist.



Brian West says:

Hi Dave!
With #stayathome the words of the day in my home state of KY I found it interesting that there are still those who chose to dissent from the conventional wisdom of state officials here. This being that individuals and businesses must follow strict social distancing guidelines and/or to leave money on the table to stay at home for days, maybe even weeks at a time.
Case in point is a bill filed on 03/19/2020 by House representative Savannah L. Maddox of Dry Ridge, KY which would, in principle, limit "the scope of a governor's executive orders issued during a public health emergency" and "also allow Kentuckians to sue the state if an order adversely affects their business."

Part 5:
Continuing Dave's answer to the last question.










Part six thru eleven to come eventually...

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Well, that's quite the cliffhanger...

Anonymous said...

"it's just the flu." I wonder where Dave got his degree in epidemiology? Or maybe he's just talking out of his ass again.