Saturday, 15 August 2026

Please Hold For '82 Tour Book (8/7/26)

Hi, Everybody!

Dave sent Audio, I made Video:

Dave's CONTINUING the Please PAY For Dave Sim format, if YOU want more '82 Tour Book discussion, go HERE, and pay for "Dave Sim 82 Tour Book". But if YOU'd rather hear more stereotypical Please Hold (*shudder*) "content", go HERE and pay for "Please Hold For Dave Sim". 

And hopefully, either way, Dave won't get called away again mid-thought.

Next Time: The 2019 Re-Read has reached Church & State Volume 1, so...that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Matt! No offence to Diana but if Dave wants a shorter more affordable book I would be in favour of editing her out too. Why don't the people who have seen the 200 page tourbook just put their heads together and submit a fifty page book for Dave to review? Otherwise this would take forever. When you deduct the X Men, interviews, Washington trip, signing photos and wedding photos you probably only have about 30 to 40 pages left to play with right?

Anonymous said...

Yeah but how is Dave meant to know what to include until he's had a chance to review everything Matt and Margaret pulled together? At the end of the day it's Dave book. I mean personally I'm really not interested in Deni or Diana but I know Dave is shooting for the average female graphic novel reader.

Steve said...

..."average female graphic novel reader"...

IMHO: that female reader doesn't care about Cerebus, Dave Sim, or something from 1982.
Any more than she's likely to buy a book (that she doesn't care about...) because it has pictures of....decades old weddings.

Just about the ONLY market for this book is Cerebus fans, and even those few who are left did not snatch up the Waverly Press copies sold on eBay a few months ago.

ANY effort to somehow tie this book in with X-Men movies will be little more than lost time ill spent, never to return any sort of R.O.I. worth the effort.

But, on Dave's behalf, I would LOVE to be proved wrong.

Steve

Anonymous said...

I might agree with you personally Steve - hell, these days female graphic novel readers have even cancelled Neil Gaiman - but it's Dave's book.. Everyone moaning every month about Dave neglecting his core audience isn't going to get us very far. I would agree with Dave that a fifty buck book will outsell a two hundred page book. Hell I doubt I've ever spent more than fifty bucks on an issue of Cerebus and I have most if (obviously, given what #1s will run you) not all of them.