Thursday, 20 August 2026

Recovered From Princess Jaka's Room

 Yes, it is a Thursday. Yes, there is no notebooks post today. I've got something else and if you were on the Cerebus FaceitsuxBook you'd have seen this:

Cerebus #138: The Aftermath

Yes, that is the teapot and other items from the cover to Cerebus #138:

Dave getting finger prints on all that black ink of a Cerebus #138

Well, you can kind of see the cover to Cerebus #138, thanks for holding that up to show everyone Dave. And yes, those are the stairs down to the Off White House's basement. If you're like me - yes, you should be able to click all of these pictures to enlarge and SEE MORE - you noticed the boxes above Dave's left shoulder. . .those boxes should look familiar we saw them back at the start of August - clicky here.

Yes, boxes of correspondence. If Dave would move we could see. . .

Dave pointing and saying "We don't have the space, send it to Margaret."

Well, that little teapot, tea cup and platter, et al weren't sitting there in other pictures - so I don't know if this is where it had been stored since Gerhard used it for the photoshoot for the cover some 36 years ago, but I think it was the spot. Why you ask? 

Oh dear AMoC reader who lives rent free in Matt's head, this stuff wasn't stored in any way that resembles how I'd store silver items at work (yes, sometimes I work with silver):



Filthy. Yes, the marmalade holder and the teapot are both at least silver plated. If you're wondering, these items were brought specifically for the cover according to Gerhard. I don't think the Princess of Palnu would eat off of these filthy dishes - the small spoon appeared to be stuck to the marmalade holder when I got it and there were tea leaves? I dunno, some black gunk at the bottom of Jaka's tea cup. . .so perhaps cinnamon remains? 

I will never have Ms Tavers over for tea and biscuits, but I figured I'd give it the ole FanGirl go, and here is round one so far:



Damned reflections! The teapot needs a bit more help to really shine, but I'd drink out of the teacup now.

If this is the gold plated spoon Dave was talking about, it is really small.


Yeah, not the gold plated spoon. So small.Glad Corky found the right spoon.

Danged reflections. Yes, my hair is now blue. It has been for a while. Go Sharks!

And that tea pot is pretty large in real life as the kids would say. It sits in my sink, but I needed a bucket to be able to do part of the initial cleaning:

It is a pretty cool looking teapot even if I can't take its picture.

No, the platter and napkin holder were not included. There was nothing in the teapot, which was fairly clean. There is nothing blocking the spout, and it still pours just fine. It must either be for teabags or really large leaf tea (or just hot water) as I didn't see any type of filter to prevent tea from being poured into a glass. But dang, it is heavy. A two handed lift. At least for me. I didn't want to drop it. Like Corky almost did that one time. Danged kid.

Oh, if you're curious: The teacup and platter say this on the bottom: Royal Albert Bone China England Regina Series Ruby (c) 1988 Royal Albert Ltd. And the bottom of the tea pot and little marmalade dish say: Marlboro Plate by Morton-Parker Canada E/P.Copper ?40 mounts 845


No comments: