Saturday 13 December 2014

CANAR: Feiffer's People

Dave Sim contributed to all 32 issues of CANAR (Comic Art News And Reviews) published by John Balgé (1954-2014) between September 1972 and April 1976. Balgé had got to know the sixteen year old Dave Sim through Harry Kremer’s Now & Then Books comic shop in Kitchener, Ontario. Balgé, Sim and Kremer travelled together to comics conventions in the US and Canada interviewing many prominent comic creators of the day, making the back issues of CANAR a treasure trove of interviews with the likes of Will Eisner, Russ Heath, Harvey Kurtzman, Barry Windsor-Smith, Mike Kaluta, Gil Kane, Berni Wrightson, Howard Chaykin and others.

CANAR #10, June 1973
Feiffer's People: Analysis by Dave Sim
All contents of CANAR © John Balgé Estate.
(Click images to enlarge) 

Pickup
(The Playboy Cartoon Album 4, 1971)


Home
(The Playboy Cartoon Album 4, 1971)

2 comments:

Tony Dunlop said...

So there I was, kiilling time in one of those corporate chain bookstores, and what did I see…Jules Feiffer has a BRAND NEW comic book (er, I mean "graphic novel") out! Next time I'm in my local independently owned comic shop I'm going to buy it. Everyone here has to, also. I mean it.

Travis Pelkie said...

It's decent stuff, too. The title is "Kill My Mother", and it's Feiffer doing noir. I read it from a local library.