Tuesday 27 February 2018

The ol' AMOC mailbag...

Hi, Everybody!

Again: AUCTIONS!
Nick Calm Agent of C.O.D.P.I.E.C.E. #1 sold for $152.50 ($120.33 American) so, "Y." "A." "Y."
Teenage Mutant Ninja Cerbi #1 sold for $177.50 Canadian ($140.05 American) so, "Yay."
The Undateable Cerebus #1 sold for $107.50 Canadian ($84.82 American) also, "Yay."
The Un-Bedable Vark #1 also sold for $107.50 Canadian ($84.82 American) again with the "Yay.".

Still up for grabs:

CEREBUS IN HELL? original artwork #2 -- 7 strips for publication 2019
CEREBUS" trade paperback test STUDIOCOMIX EDITION #1/1 signed by Dave Sim
The Life and Legend of Wallace Wood 
(And if he posts something after I post this, look for bonecrusher86 on the eBays.)
So open your checkbooks and bid, Bid, BID!!! (Or not, I don't care what you do. I lie. You sumbitches better outbid me!) (I have no money...)

Anyway:

I got THIS in the ol' AMOC mailbag:
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/11/21/swipe-file-a-stranger-in-hell-and-gamora/  - I wrote it.  Esteban Maroto designed the costume; I created the character.  And it's been translated all over the world!  "A Stranger in Hell" by T. Casey Brennan & Esteban Maroto from EERIE #38 was reprinted in EERIE ARCHIVES Vol. 8.  It's also prominently noted in FOLLOWING CEREBUS #6 as one of the stories that inspired Dave Sim in his own creations.

Regards,
T. Casey Brennan
T. Casey Brennan has previously been mentioned here. (there's a comic by Dave too...)

Speaking of Bleeding Cool, back when we were discussing Spawn #10I noticed that there was Fan Art with a familiar silhouette:

That was credited to "Richard Johnston Gateshead, ENG". I contacted Mr. Johnston at Bleeding Cool, and he confirmed that that was him.

Okay, go ahead and start arguing about who the other guys are...

Next Time: It's Wednesday, I don't "do" Wednesdays... Ask Sean, or Ben...

16 comments:

Jeff said...

Left to right: Rorshach, Cable, the Earth-Pig, and Wolvie.

Jeff said...

Yay! T. Casey may still be alive!

Travis Pelkie said...

Nope, you're wrong, Jeff, it's characters associated with the writers of Spawn 8-11.

Left to right:

Rorschach, Sandman/Morpheus, Cerebunny, and Marv from Sin City.

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

Geez guys,

It was a JOKE!

(Some people's kids...)

Matt

Jeff said...

What's the whoozit now?!? Matt, wtf!?!

Travis Pelkie said...

I was going to post the correct characters when I first saw this post, but I figured, yeah, Matt's joking, this one's too obvious.

So really, what I'm saying is, this is all Jeff's fault ;)

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

Travis,

Well, obviously :^P

Matt

Travis Pelkie said...

Feel free to copy and paste that line and re-use it as needed ;)

Jeff said...

No, I know a woman's to blame...

Hell, it *could* be my fault...

Travis Pelkie said...

He's quoting Jimmy Boo-fay lyrics now, isn't he? Can't you ban him, Matt? ;)

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

"Ban him"?

Then who would we bitch about?

Besides, he'd just start his own blog, "A Better Moment of Cerebus" and I'd have to sue...

Matt

Travis Pelkie said...

But he doesn't know computer stuff, so we're probably safe.

I almost feel guilty talking about him like he's not here, but nah, I don't.

Jeff said...

Say, boys, what are we all talking about?

I wondered why my ears were burning...

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

"Sports!"

Matt
(50 points to the first person to name the movie I'm referencing.)

Jeff said...

A Day At The Races

Tony Dunlop said...

To steer back ever-so-slightly on topic - I can only identify a comic book character from his/her hands.