Monday 14 October 2019

Rabh Rabbi Away!

Hi, Everybody!

Rigamarole!:
Rob Walton is doing a Ragmop Kickstarter. It's funded, and ends in a few hours.
_______________________
Vark Wars T-Shirt. Vark Wars T-shirt. Vark Wars T-shirt. These are probably going away at the end of the year.
_______________________
Vark Thing.
_______________________

Form & Void is OUT OF PRINT (and apparently going for a hundred bucks on Amazon...) BUT, Diamond has supposedly found some copies in the warehouse, so if you want it, tell your LCS you want it.
_______________________
The Cerebus in Hell? issues that are ALMOST Sold Out are:
Sim City: That Issue After
Iron Manticore
_______________________
And then the issues that are Low Stock and will soon be Almost Sold Out:
Fornicators Inc.
Canadian Vark
_______________________
And High Society is available on Comixology for thirteen bucks.
_________________________________________

Hey guess what? I found the first appearance of Rabbi!

You remember Rabbi right?


Click for readable biggerness
Ditto
What's the third form of "ditto"?
"Quatro"? That ain't right...
Well I found his first appearance.

"Duh, Matt you just posted it..."

Nope, Rabbi DOESN'T first appear in Latter Days.

He FIRST appears in The Cerebus Guide To Self-Publishing:

Click for big.


Ya see it right?
There ya go, Rabbi first appeared in 1997. The year I graduated High School.

Next Time: The first appearance of...something else?

4 comments:

Jeff said...

Yes, Manly, I see the (very) Jewish cleric! Excellent sleuthing, especially for a husband and father who doesn't have too much time on his hands (to paraphrase Styx).

It's a bit of an over-the-top (Oy vay!) parody, but still funny after all these years. But, what I want to know is: Who's willing to sell me illegally skinned, fur-covered copies of the pissy, stinky, little hermaphrodite's (no, I don't mean Dave 🙄) first three issues?

I mean, "Hermaphrodite" #1, in any condition, is going for big shekels nowadays. I gots some shekels.

They don't have to be actually bound in mink, and they don't necessarily have to be in "mink" condition (only two people have such copies), but money is no object. Just, not online, please.

Pleas respond, if you please, in the comments section of this comments section.

Thank you, and may God bless America. (We need it.)

Birdsong said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeff said...

David, I don't trust online sales of Hermaphrodite #1, unless they're CGC. And, even then, I'm wary.

I want to buy one in person, and, even then, I will wear out the seller by scrutinizing the copy. Theoretically. Really. Theoretically. As in, we look up "Pink Floyd" together and I walk him or her through it, and I try to check the other pointers.

Theoretically, this shouldn't have to happen. By me, or anyone else.

But.

It's why I won't buy one online. Especially after a person wrote, online, "I don't know if this is real or counterfeit."

I want a real one. And, may God bless you few who have them. You should hold on to them until they at least reach up to $10,000. BTW, as I said before, I am able to relieve you of one.
But, it ain't gonna happen. Unless, that is, Steve, in Arizona, decides to sell me one of his 25 copies.

Just sayin', and just tryin'.

Completism is a b...a horrible thing to try to do. Right, Tunny, Mags, and Nate? Still, three away is not bad, but, also, horrible.

"I've got the money, honey,
If you've got the mags."

Just sayin'.

Completism makes you not sleep.

Nighty-night, all the rest of you. Mwah!

Steve said...


Sir Jeff -

The $10K goal on Cerebus #1's will only be for the handful of truly high grade copies out there. It's been my recent experience in watching eBay and other auction sites that, other than graphically superior original art pages and custom art, realized sales values are dropping - and #1 sales are following that trend.

So, bide your time, watch the eBay / Heritage type sites, and eventually you'll get a decent copy without breaking the budget.

Steve

ps -- but not 'Arizona Steve', because I only have (I think) 4 #1's, and I'm not in Arizona