Saturday 26 October 2019

Cerebus In Matt's Life: Part, the Eighth

Hi, Everybody!

Guess what:
New Cerebus in Hell?:
House of Cerebus.
Order five!
Cerebus in Matt's Life: Part, the Eight:

Last time, we talked about how I did Cerebus the Coffee Mug.

Which brings us to one of the things Margaret asked for:
ohhh, how about a close up of that space collection of pictures?
The one on the right.
So, to recap: I made some Cerebus mugs, I got permission to sell Cerebus mugs. And then...

I sent Dave a letter. I don't have a copy. But I'll try to figure it out:

First paragraph: See below.

Second paragraph: I thought I had given Dave a heart attack when I gave him the watch

Third Paragraph: Dave had said in Following Cerebus #1, that Cerebus was in the bar for a set amount of time (I forget the exact quote, and I'm not looking it up. Maybe tomorrow.)

Fourth Paragraph: I was talking about the Wizard article here.

Fifth Paragraph: Mugs!
Back to the first paragraph:

Mike 1

Mike 2


Getting back to the Mugs, if you want one, you're gonna have to track down somebody on the list.

"There's a list?"

Oh yeah!
Dave Sim 1 mug

Gerhard 1 mug

Peter David 1 mug

Nick Zinn 1 mug

Derrick Brown 1 mug

Margaret Liss  1 mug "paid" for by Gerhard

Jeff Tundis  2 mugs

David Frazza 2 mugs 1 broke sent replacement

Jacob Weisfeld 1 mug

David Grady 1 mug

Joshua Flowers 1 mug

Gerhard Kordmann 1 mug

Anthony J. Palermo 1 mug

Brian P. Coppola 4 mugs

David Marsh  1 mug 1 replacement, 1 prototype

Christoph McNeill  1 mug

David C. Spialter  1 mug

Eric Ballenger  1 mug

Scott Lawrence 1 mug

Chris Johnson 1 mug

Nathaniel Oberstein 1 mug

Vernon Smith 2 mugs

And I got 4 mugs (I'm keeping two, and Seiler wants another one, so that leaves one left.)

As for the "variant" misprinted ones, I gave 30 of 'em to the CBLDF back in 2005 or 2006. And I sold a couple, and have 28 more.

So, for the one regular one I got left, I'm gonna do an AMOC Auction. Bidding starts at $10 USD.

And for the misprinted ones, $10 USD, and it's yours.

Email your bids to momentofcerebus@gmail.com, or if you wanna just buy one of these:

Email momentofcerebus@gmail.com and we'll work something out...

Next Time: More mugs?

8 comments:

Larry Wooten said...

Happy to start the bidding at $10. Just started drinking coffee this year and I needs me a mug.

Jeff said...

Just try not to drop it, Larry. Been there, done that. It's a bitch.

Jeff said...

Thanks, Matt. You are a good and true person who is in charge here. Next to nothing else I have been writing or thinking about, there is this:

There is an American author. He is dead now. His name was O'Rourke. P.J. He wrote well. He was a humorist. He was funny. He is dead.

He wrote about going to Cuba. Havana. And he wrote about going to the Hemingway house there.

I have been to the Hemingway house, three times. But in Key West. Which is 90 miles away from the Hemingway house in Havana, Cuba. There are many cats there. Some have six toes on each paw... Some have only five. Some are dead, and have gravestones, erected by caring staff. It is a nice place to visit and the cats are friendly. But not all of them.

When O'Rourke went to Havana and went to the Hemingway house, what he wrote was funny. He made me laugh, even though he had to fight with the authorities.

O'Rourke wrote, about writing about Cuba, "I must remember to write harder."

So should I, about both the great O'Rourke and Papa.

It would be a good and true thing.

Sean M Robinson said...

PJ is still alive, Jeff, unless you know something that Google doesn't!

Larry Wooten said...

Jeff, I will order a misprint to actually use, along with the auction one, if I have the good fortune to win. It will go on the Cerebus shelf for safe keeping.
When does this end and do I need to email any further bids?

JLH said...

I have my two mugs, one misprinted and one regular, proudly displayed in the cupboard with other mugs in case I ever need to drink something out of a cup.

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

Geez Jesse,

I was trying to save you from the unwashed mug hunting hordes, but if you wanna defend your Keep...

Matt

Jeff said...

Larry, I am not Matt, although I think that he wishes he could be me and, God knows, I wish I could be him.

But, only for one day.

Depending on how it goes.

We'll see.