Monday 18 January 2021

Dave said I had to post some stuff, so ya get new art too...

Hi, Everybody!


And then the Ol' AMOC Mailbag got a message from it's ol' pal Steve Swenson, who writes:
Hey Matt-

So I called Dave earlier today to ask him to please Please PLEASE use boxes to ship product like the Halloween Cerebus books because all my 3 issues arrived damaged in transit.

A few hours later he returned my call, and asked me to: email you, including pics of the damage; ask you to run a post on AMOC letting buyers know that if their issues arrived damaged, they can return the issues to Dave / Canada for a replacement. Whether Dave wants to know ahead of time that returns are heading his way I don't know, didn't think to ask him this. Hopefully of course my set is the only dinged set.

What's key here is the return, since Dave is keen to not have more than the 54 / 106 copies at large. (I'm only returning the Halloween editions, I'll keep the damaged 2021 Preview and XXXXX 2nd printing issues.)

Steve Swenson
And he included pictures of the damage, feel free click on them to see the horror bigger:






So, if you've got a Halloween Edition cover of Spawn #10 from Dave (this is only for the version that was sold through cerebusdownloads.com, the one from the Waverly Press, you gotta contact them...), and it showed up damaged, send it back for a full replacement. (I'd let Dave know that it's coming in, so he knows to look for it. (519) 576-0610, or fax: (519) 576-0955.

And since Dave wanted that stuff posted, here's something else Dave sent me for eventual posting:




It's Dave's in-process cover for the Remastered Cerebus #2 coming soon-ish from cerebusoverload.com (probably via a Kickstarter) but right now they've got six copies of the Regency Edition left.
_________________________________
Carson is Auctioning off Strange Death of Alex Raymond art. Current bid is $100 (USD!) to Ted Adams. This ends tomorrow. TOMORROW!!!
_________________________________
_______________________________
Your store will be on sale:
Jan 27 – 29
Tell your fans! Remind them that everything will be up to 35% off! That means $13 tees, $20 phone cases, $30 hoodies, and way more.
________________________________
Anyway, I'm selling something on the eBays. A big bundle of "rare" Cerebus in Hell? comics, including a copy of Vark Wars and Vark Wars: Walt's Empire Strikes Back that I took with me on vacation so they've been to Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge.
________________________________

Next Time: The SODAR Auction ends, and I post something...

4 comments:

JLH said...

I love the new Cerebus #2 cover. I guess that's the next Kickstarter and not Turtles 8?

RSS said...

As others have noticed our local post is staffed by barbarian Cerubii, all items must first survive a vigorous rugby trial...
As a former shipper, I should mosey over there and show Dave some packing tricks... Mailing tube is not out of the question for comics, btw, though some collectors might faint at the idea

RSS said...

"...for God, sheep are the best metaphor for mankind. Easily herded, mostly guileless, easily preyed upon..."

Anonymous said...

Literally who the fuck in the entire world wants Dave Sim to babble on at length about God.