Tuesday 1 March 2016

JEFF SEILER'S DAILY PHONE MESSAGE 1 March 16

DAVE SIM:
You really couldn't make that up.  Thanks, Jeff.

I'm not sure if we shouldn't make a "reaction exception" for Damian (Saturday's comment section) since I don't think we're likely to see eye-to-eye on too many subjects and I think he's about the closest to a troll or a "troll" as we're likely to see around these parts  (Speaking as the Feminist Theocracy's Greatest Troll or "Troll").

Yes, it's certainly true that I base my attitudes on the Middle East around Scripture.  I believe the Torah is an historical document.  THE historical document.

I don't think, as an example, that the Philistine -- excuse me, Palestinian -- "received wisdom" that Israel never actually existed, that there never was an Israeli and Judaic Monarchy and that there never was a Jewish Temple on the Temple Mount, that the Wailing Wall is not an artefact of that Temple, etc. etc. is worth discussing seriously.

We'll find out on Judgement Day, but I'm pretty confident that the historical accuracy of the Torah  WON'T be one of the Big Surprises, but will, rather, be one of the Irrefutable Givens.


6 comments:

Jeff Seiler said...

What I think you're saying, Dave, is that if I ignore Damian, then maybe he'll go away.

Maybe.

I doubt it, but I'll give it a try.

Tim, Tony, et al., consider this prior approval to "hold me back, hold me back" for any subsequent Damian attacks.

Steve said...



Am I the only one who hasn't the foggiest idea what this is about?

Steve

Jim Sheridan said...

Zzzzzzz. Internet distractions. A waste of space. On to intelligent discussions of art a nd literature please.

Unknown said...

I don't think it's a good idea to ignore anyone. A good idea can come from anywhere and if you get in the habit of ignoring people because you don't like what they're saying then the odds are you're going to miss something important.

Keep leaving phone messages if you read something that you think I need to address, Jeff. It's, I think, a sad implication of the Internet that if you DON'T reply it looks as if you're flummoxed by the sheer brilliance of the person's criticism or too dull-witted to come up with a rejoinder.

I'd RATHER just work on SDOAR, but it's 2016. If there's a website devoted to your work you have to devote WAY TOO MUCH TIME to it OR suffer the consequences/(often) AND suffer the consequences.

I hope we can all agree that these are First World "Problems" at best.

Jeff Seiler said...

Well, believe me, Dave, I'm neither flummoxed nor dull-witted, although I'm sure that Damian and others would like to disagree with that assertion.

And, yes I will continue to update you.

Bothering you with First World "Problems" is the least I can do.

Anonymous said...

No, Steve, you're not the only one.

-- Damian