Wednesday 2 March 2016

MY RIGHT WRIST 3/1/16

DAVE SIM:
These small daily posts are "tests" of the right wrist.  It's a) nowhere close to being able to ink in my photorealism style b) not in use in my 12-hours-a-day RIP KIRBY COMMENTARIES (I'm up to October 5, 1949 "My Little Runaway") -- that's all left-handed typing and c) good enough to INTERMITTENTLY type on a computer keyboard.  So, I alternate left-handed typing and two-handed typing.  When the right wrist starts to tighten up, I switch back to strictly left-handed typing.  Over the course of the last few weeks there hasn't been any appreciable improvement in the amount of two-handed typing I can do, but there hasn't been any appreciable worsening either as we passed the one-year anniversary Feb 27.  I use the right wrist for anything and it tightens up.

The plan remains to just keep scripting and researching and then -- when I have a finished script -- photocopying and pasting up THE STRANGE DEATH OF ALEX RAYMOND.  At the end of that however-long-years-long process I'll see how the right wrist is doing.

Sandeep and I have been trying to develop a promotional CEREBUS product since he started coming in every week.  I think we're GETTING THERE but it's very difficult figuring out something that will actually WORK as opposed to wishful thinking "Wow! Wouldn't it be cool if...?" wool-gathering. With the limited resources available -- and THANK YOU -- all those resources come from you guys, we can't afford to do anything else that doesn't work from Day One.

Okay, back to my left-handed RIP KIRBY COMMENTARIES and my right hand at "parade rest".


1 comment:

MichaelVP said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again. There is no comic book that I am looking more forward to than THE STRANGE DEATH OF ALEX RAYMOND.