Wednesday 21 November 2018

CIH? Proposed Cover Round-Up!


Benjamin Hobbs:

There's a lot of NEW CIH? covers floating about.  This week it's time to take a look at some of them!

First up, David Birdsong made an awesome parody cover of BATMAN: DAMNEDHe says:

"This one was harder than it looks, but I'm pretty happy with it.  I did not realize when I started that Batman: Damned is an odd-sized comic.  I imagine that's driving collector's everywhere nuts.

"Now to get Dave to write 24 gritty and insane Batvark strips. There's got to be a Vark Penis joke in here somewhere.  Right?"
Next, there's a parody cover I mocked-up based on Dave Sim's DOCTOR WHO: PRISONER OF TIME cover.  I learned a valuable lesson while making this cover: there are no ICONIC Doctor Who comic covers.  (Dave's cover is amazing, but I'm pretty  sure it hasn't reach ICONIC status yet.)

I'm  SURE there's a "Who's on first?" joke in here... I just haven't found it yet.


Last, there's a parody of the ICONIC Green Lantern/Green Arrow "Speedy Does Drugs" cover.  It's very rough.  (So much so that part of the original cover is there as a place holder.)
 I sent this rough cover to Dave, and he sent back some changes:

 Next Week: CERBERUS IN HELL? #1 arrives in stores! Hurry to your LCS to camp out and wait for it!

6 comments:

Tony Dunlop said...

It's funnier without Dave's version of politically correct commentary...

Carson Grubaugh said...

Cerebus Darned - Cerepenis!!!

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

In Denmark, at least back in the day, Green Arrow was named “Red Arrow”! I supposed because they thought it silly to have two neighboring superheroes both named Green, which I can sort of see.

Unknown said...

When I visited Dave in Kitchener in August we met at the Local council chambers where he was trying to find a meeting discussig a safe injection area that the council was trying to set up near where he lives.

Jeff said...

Gabriel, hi! Visiting Dave in Kitchener is always fraught with peril, as well as full of adventure. Witness my story of my 2011 visit, when we went back to the basement of the original Now and Then books, where Dave worked before and while he dreamed up Cerebus.

It was the first time in approximately 30 years that he had set foot in the place, according to him.

He's an interesting dude.

Manqueman said...

FWIW, the Damned parody works more me.